Chapter 19: Hurt Feelings

Getting past Harris was worryingly easy.

I mean it was so easy that I'm not sure I want him to be my backup if anything ever happens. He would be happily listening to the music in his car whilst an enemy gang stabs me to death.

Or at least tries to.

Anyways, the girls and I are sitting in a booth at one of Jaxon's many clubs.
Yes, I'm aware that any of the workers could recognise Winter and call Jaxon, but we figured we would be better in one of his clubs than in some random one.

For two reasons. One, it's safer. And two, he won't be as mad when he finds out (because we all know he will whether it be today or next week.), plus we have access to v.i.p areas if we want away from the noise.

"Here you go" Nova hands me a Malibu and pineapple. I smile at her as she and Aspen sit back in the booth. We drink for a while before getting up to dance.

Nova and I danced together whilst, Aspen and Winter had got themselves a guy each and were currently dry humping in the middle of the dance floor. I just laughed shaking my head as I scream the lyrics to get low with Nova.

A few guys tried to get us to dance with them but Nova declined for obvious reasons and I just wasn't feeling it and it felt as if I'd be betraying Jaxon somehow. So we enjoyed each others company for most of the night, drinking and bonding whilst keeping an eye on Win and Aspen.

We got tired and decided on having a drink break. After grabbing two waters from the bar, I walked back over to the booth where Nova sat.

Taking a sip I sigh leaning back. My eyes scan the crowd for the girls and find them in the same position as before with their guys.

"East, Jaxon and Damon would flip if they saw her right now." Nova laughed beside me. Damon? So she sees it too then. I nod my head agreeing.

"He really likes her doesn't he." I say, my eyes till on Winter.

"He does, it's so obvious that I don't know how Jaxon and East haven't picked up on it yet." She says, I turn to face her as she screws her face up in confusion.

"Maybe they do notice it and just don't want to admit it. It's hard for older brothers to come to terms with the fact that their little  sister is growing up." I reason. It's going to be a shit show when the situation is finally confronted but I just hope they can keep their cool for Winter's sake.

I know they're not technically together yet, but it's just a matter of time. You can see it in their eyes.

My phone suddenly lights up on the table. Looking down I see that there's a message from Jaxon and I've missed a few of his calls.

Fuck.

Jaxon:

Where the fuck are you? I'm at your apartment.

Shit shit shit.

Just as I begin to type, my phone starts buzzing as he calls me yet again.

Do I accept it and face his wrath now or ignore it a face his wrath later?

Do you know what? Fuck it.

Accept.

"Hello" I shout down the phone covering my ear with my other hand. Ugh it's too loud in here.

"What's that noise? Are you seriously at a fucking club right now Alejandra?!" I can barely make out what he's saying as I make my way to the quieter hall bu the VIP lounge. The guy standing in front of the lounge door just gives me a funny look.