Chapter 5: Crappy Start to the Day

It's officially my first day of senior year. Am I excited? I don't really know, but that doesn't matter because it's 8am and I've just woken up when school starts at nine. If I don't hurry now I'm going to be late for my first day. Unlike my school in Italy, this one does not require a uniform, so I decided on some high waisted ripped jeans with a grey crop top, white trainers and I grabbed a leather jacket to put in my car in case I got cold. If my brothers could see me now, I'd be dead. 

After Making a quick coffee for myself, I dashed down to the garage to my car and put the schools address into my phone, then off I went.

I had ten minutes to spare when I eventually pulled into the schools car park. The only space was at the back so I quickly parked the car and jumped out ready to speed walk to the office before the bell could ring. As I started walking I noticed a red Camaro sitting at the very front of the car park.  It must be a coincidence, there's no way I would get that unlucky to be in the same school as the maniac from the other night. Deciding to leave it for now as I was on a time limit, I kept on my journey to the school building, ignoring all of the stares I was getting from the students standing outside.

Thankfully there was a big sign indicating where the office was meaning I wouldn't need to awkwardly ask someone where it was. I sped towards it now with only a few minutes left until the bell. As I approached, the lady sitting at the desk turned and smiled at me.  "Hello Honey, you must be new, What's your name?" I returned her smile answering her, "Hello, I'm Alejandra Barlow, I was wondering if you had my timetable?" I asked politely.

"Yes dear I have it here, along with your locker number and combination. Is there-" she suddenly stopped talking, glancing at something behind me, I whipped my head around to find a girl around my height, 5'7, Standing there with a big smile on her face. I turned back around when the receptionist started talking again, "Winter darling are you here for your brothers timetables", the Winter girl smiled at me then replied to the women " Yes Miss Nancy, they got up late this morning and didn't get the timetables in the hall so they sent me", Miss Nancy as I now know, finally handed me my things as well as two timetables to Winter. "Have a good first day girls" she dismissed us, we simultaneously thanked her and then I began walking away looking at my timetable when the bell rang. Great, I have no idea where this first class is and to top it off when I do find it I'll have to walk in late attracting a bunch of attention. Wow what a fantastic fucking way to start the day.

Right before I had a mental breakdown in the middle of the hallway, I felt a hand tap my shoulder. Turning around, I realised that Winter was still here. "Hi my names Winter, you're new here right?", she started.

"Um, yeah, I'm Aleja, nice to meet you" I replied back unsure of what to say next. "You seem lost what class are you supposed to be in"

"Erm Business with Mr Jacobs" she peered over at my timetable just as two boys came thundering down the hallway shouting Winters name, she looked at me sheepishly, "Sorry ill help you in a minute" then she turned around to the two figures. I was still staring down at my timetable when I hear a voice speaking, "Did you get our timetables Win? And why aren't you in class" he questioned her. I recognised that voice and didn't dare look up. "Because I had to wait on you two idiots to actually enter the building instead of hanging about outside, so I could give you the timetables" she replied with a newly found attitude. "You know we would've found you in whatever class you were in right, you didn't need to skip class, your education is important" a different, new voice said. " What like you Jax are doing right now?" she questioned snarkily, so Jax is his name then? Interesting. Before they could reply she started again "Plus I was helping the new student who's lost" Dammit, I scrunched up my face, I was hoping she wouldn't bring attention to me. Looking up my eyes met the familiar ones that had just realised I was there. A look of realisation crossed through his eyes, before a smirk landed on his lips,

"Well this is a nice surprise." Winter and the other boy stared wearily between the two of us.

"Wait Jaxon you know her?" Winter asked confused, "You could say that" he replied cockily. Winter scrunched up her face in disgust, "Oh god, don't tell me she's one of your girls"  Jesus Christ I nearly choked on air whilst Jaxon just burst out laughing and the other guy stood still very confused at the whole situation. "No! God No!" I managed to wheeze out

"Okay well as fun as this has been, I think I should get to class before Nova sends out a search party, It was nice to meet you" He says looking at me then turns to Jax and Winter, "I'll see you both at lunch, and remember Win, No boys!" and then he was gone. Ah the classic older brother rule, poor girl.

"Yeah I should probably get to class too, can you help Aleja get to class since you somehow know her?" She aimed her question at Jax. Clearly missing the pleading in my eyes for her not to leave me alone with him.

"Sure thing sis, see you later" he agrees turning to me, "Bye Aleja!"  Winter shouts at me as she runs down the hall to find her class.

Great now I'm stuck with him.

I decided to just be straight up and not beat around the bush, "Look, I'm not going to tell anyone about what I saw the other day and I'm not looking to get involved in whatever shit you have going on, so I think it would be best if we just pretended that we didn't know each other." I stared him dead in the eye to let him know that I was serious.

"Oh I know you're not going to tell anyone, I just don't yet know why. But trust me when I say that I will find out. I don't take well to intruders in my territory so I hope that's not what you are" He threatened, his face now mere inches from mine. We had a silent stare off, before he jumped back walking down the hallway.

"See you around red!" He shouted just before he turned the corner. So much for staying away from him. I guess it's going to be harder than I thought.

Great now I'm flustered from our closeness and I still don't know where I'm supposed to go.

I officially hate life.