Chapter 32: Heart to Hearts and a Gunshot

It's been a week since the whole Halloween fiasco. Everything's been pretty good and we've not had any dramas, Thank god. But no dramas also means I've yet to tell Jaxon that I'm going to Italy on Friday.

I've just been loving the way things have been going this last week and I don't want to put the damper of me leaving on us. I know I'm not going for long but this is going to be the longest we've been away from each other. I'll be gone for about a week and I doubt we'll get to speak to each other during that time. I mean I can hardly just pick up the phone and call him when I'm in another mafia house.

I don't know how we're going to get around that one but I'm going to need to talk to Jaxon about it today. He's out right now working so it's once again just me and the girls in the house. They said they'll be back around 7ish and it's only 2pm this now. I've waited a week already I can wait another few hours.

"So what are we doing for the rest of the day?" Nova asks, looking around the room at us.

"Nothing" Grumbles Winter. I look over at Nova and we both smirk. Winter and Aspen snuck out to a party again last night and let's just say, they got away with it for longer this time. By the time the boys found out about it they were both very far gone, so needless to say they've both got pretty bad hangovers today.

"I wonder why that is." Nova giggles a little, I join in after hearing Winter's response of "Fuck off".

"Do you need a Lift home Pen?" I ask looking over at the other miserable teenage girl in the living room. She groans then turns towards me nodding. "Yes please."

"Okay get ready then and we'll go in 10." I say and then Nova pipes up, "I'll come with." I just nod in agreement. Penny gets up to get her stuff and Winter follows, mumbling about going back to bed.

"Wanna do something after we drop Penny off? I need some quality girl time." To be honest so do I. Nova and I get on very well but we barely ever hang out just the two of us. "Yes, I think that would be quite nice." I smile at her. Just then Penny walks in ready to go. I grab my keys and the three of us head out. 

 The car journey isn't too long and I wait until Aspen is safely in her house before driving away.

"So where do you want to go?" I ask Nova, who's currently trying to find a good song to play.

"I'm quite hungry, do you want to go get something to eat?" Now that she mentions it, I'm actually kind of hungry myself.

"Yea sure, how about Mamma Garcia's? I still haven't been inside it yet and you guys talk about it all the time." At the mention of the restaurant Nova's head snaps up. "Yes! Oh my god I can't believe you've been here for this long and still haven't eaten from there." She says excitedly.

"Well we did get the boys to get food from there before remember but I fell asleep before they got back." I remind her. The girls were so excited about the pizza as well, I think I know what I'll be getting.

"Oh yea, we had a movie night. Well you're going to try it now so be prepared to have the best pizza you've ever tasted in your life." I just giggle at her. Then I realise that I don't actually know where I'm driving to.

"Erm, Nova? Where exactly am I going?" She furrows her eyebrows in confusion before quickly catching on.

"Oh yea right, just go towards the city and I'll direct you from there."

***

The drive wasn't too bad, but the parking was ridiculous. Nova told me that the boys just park on the street but I'm not doing that. I'm not in a car associated with the American mafia, so the car would most likely be towed, and I wouldn't want to associate my car with the mafia either. Too much attention. So, I just had to do what anyone else would do and find a car park. Unfortunately for us though, the closest car park was in a very sketchy area. Usually, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my car there, but since the restaurants close by and we won't be too long, I don't mind.