Chapter 4: Jaxon

Jaxon Pov

Fuck, I've lost her. If it wasn't for that dam truck pulling out, I'm sure I would've had her. Pulling out my phone I press onto Damon's contact. "Tell me you've got her" I demanded through the phone. "Sorry Jax but no, the cameras in the diner were for show and none of the street cameras caught her face." I growled angrily, "What about the plate on her car?" They must have got plate at the very least. "We're trying but Asher can't get one, did you see the way she was driving? Every shot we manage to get is blurred" you've got to be kidding me. " I'll be back soon" I hung up, navigating my way back home.

Damon has been with me since we were young. We were in the same schools growing up. Once when we were around 8, he came to school with a bruise on his face. I tried to get him to tell me what happened but he wouldn't budge. That was only the first time. Every week he had a different bruise somewhere else. I let it slide and didn't tell anyone because he begged me not to. But I drew the line when we were ten years old and had our first swimming lessons in school. He wore a t-shirt the whole time but I saw the scars and bruises when he was getting changed. I dragged him home with me that day and he's lived with us ever since.

Driving up the long driveway to my family mansion, I click the button for the garage and take my usual spot between my BMW and Range Rover. I have other cars as well, but these three are the one's I use the most. Stepping out the car, I close the garage again and walk over to the door connecting the garage to the house. I hear voices coming from the kitchen and go through to find Asher, Damon and my little brother East sitting around Asher's computer. What the hell?

"Why are you guys in here? You know that I don't want any business handled in here around Winnie. Go up to the office." I glare at them all, did they suddenly forget the rules in this house? I don't want my little sister involved in all of this, although she doesn't exactly agree with me on that one.

"Winter's over at Aspen's for the night" East speaks up as if that actually matters. "And? Rules are rules, you know that I don't want any mafia business handled in this house unless it's in the office, Don't make excuses East, remember who's house this is", I replied in a deadly voice to my brother. My father died a couple of months ago of a heart attack, I guess this intense life really didn't agree with his health. I was named the American Mafia Don only minutes after he took his last breath. It was the day before my 18th birthday. It was decided that my father's right hand man, Mathias would control things on the West coast until I finished High school whilst I control things on the East cost, along with my right hand, Damon and the other boys. I'll take over fully after I graduate.

My mother was killed by a smaller gang when I was eight. She was at the grocery store when it happened. Needless to say, every single one of that gang's members are dead. She's the reason that I don't allow mafia talk around my home. She never liked hearing of mafia business in the house. She hated the constant reminders that her children and her husband's lives were at risk, especially in her own home where she was supposed to feel safe. My father never really listened to her when it came to that though. But I will, she may not be alive anymore but she's always with us and I will do anything to make the Angel of my mom smile.

East looks like he wants to argue back, but one look at my glare let's him know that it's not a bright idea to do so. Five minutes later and we're all sitting around my desk in the office. I look over to Asher, "Have you got a plate yet?", He glances up at me and I can tell by his face that the answer is no. I throw my head back letting out a groan at my frustration. "I think Winter could help with this, she's better at it than me" My furious eyes snap to Asher in disbelief of what he just said, as Damon let's out a "Fuck no". I eye Damon suspiciously, he's always been protective over Winnie but I just thought it was a big brother thing, recently though as she's gotten older, I can't help but think it may be something more. I would murder him before he laid a finger on my baby sister though and he knows that. I turn my attention back to Asher,

"Did you forget what I literally just said, Winter does not get involved!" Just as I say that, the doors to my office swing open and In walks Winter, Aspen and East's girlfriend Nova. "What do you need me for?" Winter asks with a smirk on her face looking at me. "Nothing" I say sternly as Nova skips over and onto East's lap before opening her mouth. "Oh come on Jax, when are you going to let her do what she was born to do?" I turn to give yet another person one of my glares today, "Would all of you drop it, Winter is not being a part of this mafia, at least not right now, she's only 16! Now that's the last I want to hear of this" I tell them all seriously. "Look we've got business to take care of, Winter was there something you needed?", she just looks at me with her puppy eyes, knowing already what she wants, I reach for my wallet and turn back to her, "How much?" she pretends to think before finally answering me "30?" I dip my fingers into my wallet pulling out two 20-dollar notes and handing them to her, "Here's 40, now away you go and don't get into any trouble" I tell both Winter and Aspen as they run off.

Turning back to everyone else I let out another sigh, "I don't think the red head should be a big priority right now, by the way she reacted when we shot Mike and his men, I don't think she's going to run off to police, plus we've got other issues to deal with." I tell them.

"I agree, either she's trained or just plain suicidal to walk up to 7 guys with guns in an alleyway, and by the way she was holding that gun, my bet would be on the former" Asher commented.

I nodded at him, "Right now let's get down to business, Hernandez informed me of a new lead on the little shipment problem we've had In Florida" I smirked at them all.

"Did he catch them?" East asked.

"Yes, they're on their way here right now" I replied.

"This is going to be fun" Damon said with a deadly glint in his eye.

Yes, Indeed it is.