Chapter 17: Broken Nose

A few weeks have passed and not much has changed.

Well, except the fact that Jaxon has become a lot more protective recently. His eyes are constantly watching me during school, he's switched to all of my classes and unless he's working, he's with me out of school.

I cant say I don't like it. It's been great, with him and we're acting a little like a couple but none of us have brought that up yet.

It just annoys me that we can't be properly together during school, but it comforts me to know that he's always around.

To most people that would be too much to handle and to be honest I'm surprised that I'm not sick of him yet, but something about him just draws me to him. It's like I can't get enough.

I've taken a risk a few times and stayed the weekend at Jaxon's house and some nights after school, luckily not being caught yet by Gabriel. Although, if he does happen to go to the apartment and I'm not there, I'll just tell him that I was at a friend's house. Technically that would be the truth. The only problem there is he'd probably want to do a background check on the person which means I'd need to make up a fake person and create fake records and that is far too much effort for me. So for now, I'm just going to pray that he doesn't realise I'm not there.

I'm cut out of my thoughts by the bell. Yes! Lunch time.

I watch as Jaxon gets out of his seat, eyeing me. I usually leave class first and he follows me to the lunch room, however I stay seated today. I need to talk to the teacher about a part of the course I'm not understanding.

Jaxon walks out of the classroom as I reach the teachers desk.

The teacher just recommended a book from the library that would explain it better for me. Ugh that was helpful, I thought he would explain it to me there and then but apparently his lunch is more important than his job.

Deciding to go to the library before I go to the cafeteria, I walk through the empty halls to the other side of the school. Opening the library doors, I notice a couple of people spread out on the tables sitting with food and books, studying already. These must be the smart kids.

Walking through the rows of books I finally come across the book I'm looking for when my phone vibrates in my pocket.

Jax:

Where the fuck are you?

Rolling my eyes I message him back.

Me:

In the library calm down, I'm just getting a book.

With that I shove my phone back into my pocket and check the book out.

I'm walking back through the empty halls, towards the cafeteria, when  I'm all of a sudden shoved into a row of lockers. Ow.

Before I could even think about reacting, my arms are pinned to my sides and legs are shoved into the lockers, effectively blocking my defence systems.

Looking up to see who the bastard is, I recognise him from the barn a few weeks ago. It's the guy I was dancing with to make Jaxon jealous. What the actual fuck. Does he even go here?

"Remove your fucking hands from me right now if you want to keep them" I threatened, my voice low and deadly.

He just let out a humourless laugh, staring me in the eyes.

"I don't really think your in the position to be handing out threats here Alejandra" Oh if only he knew who he was messing with right now.

I kept my mouth shut to stop myself from telling him.