Chapter 40: American Flag

It's been a couple months since that day. Jaxon left the car without a word and we haven't spoken since.  

It's now January and nothing much has happened. I went home for Christmas and also celebrated my 18th birthday. That took my mind of off everything which I'm grateful for. Things are better with my brothers. We haven't really talked much about what happened but considering I was back around Christmas time, we decided to just forget about it for a while so we didn't ruin the 'festive cheer'.

School has been alright. I sit with Theo and the boys most days. They've still never asked questions about what happened with Jaxon and I really appreciate that. I smile at the others sometimes but never Jaxon. He doesn't even look in my direction. He also has girls with him all the time.

I should be happy since this is what I wanted but I can't help but feel a little upset. It's alright though, I'll get over it. This is for the best. 

Anyways it's lunchtime now and I'm just walking to get lunch with the boys. As I turn the corner, an arm wraps round my shoulders. Lucas. We have a little routine, since his classroom is the closest to mine before lunch most of the time, he always manages to catch me and walk me to the cafeteria. It's pretty funny looking at the stares we get. I'm certain that there's rumours of us dating but that would never happen. We're just friends, plus he has this giant crush on Aspen. I find it really cute as I sometimes see Aspen glancing at him. I ship it. 

"Was your class just as boring as mine?" He asks rolling his eyes. I just laugh, "Pretty much" 

Just then Joe appears on the other side of me, "What we talking about?" he asks. The two then start complaining about one of the teachers as I just zone out. 

We eventually get to the table and take our seats. I'm between Theo and Lucas then Julian, Grayson, Joe and Owen sit on the other side of the table. Joe and Owen sit beside each other and start bickering.  The rest of us just laugh at their little argument. They're only dating but anyone would think that their married. I'm honestly jealous of their relationship.

"So, Allie, you going to Theo's at the weekend." Julian pipes up. I turn my head as if I'm thinking about it. I honestly don't know if I want to go. I swear he has parties almost every weekend and now since I'm part of the group, I'm expected to show up early. We have pizza then set up, it's pretty fun, but I get bored once everyone arrives and gets drunk. I mean don't get me wrong, I drink as well but then people head off with each other for obvious reasons and I'm left alone. I haven't slept with anyone since Franco.

"I don't know, I'm not sure if I can handle watching Grayson picking up girls anymore. It's the worst thing I've ever seen, I mean I seriously don't understand how girls fall for that shit." I say laughing as the rest join in. Grayson must be one of the biggest fuck boys, but the girls apparently love it. 

"Hey, It's all in the looks. I mean who could resist this body come on." He gestures cockily to his abs. I fake gag, even though I completely agree with him. He does have one great body. 

"Yea, Yea Allie. We all know you love it." He smirks. "Hey! That's my girl you're talking about." Julian elbows him jokingly before turning to wink at me. "Don't worry babe, I've only got eyes for you." I flirtatiously wink at him. We look at each other then burst out laughing. Since we made out a while ago, we've got a running joke that we have feelings for each other. Which we don't but we do enjoy playing around. 

Once we've calmed down Theo starts speaking, "But seriously, are you coming at the weekend?" He asks, directing the question at me. I sigh then turn to him, "Probably not Theo, I think I'm going to drive into the city and have a little night out. I'll come have pizza and help you set up though." I say. Honestly, I just want to be adventurous. I get really bored at home. I mean I go out late night drives all the time but I want to go explore the city at night and Saturday's perfect since I don't need to worry about what time I get in at.