Chapter 34: New Friends

It's Wednesday now. The last few days have been difficult but I've still managed to get myself out of bed and to school. I cried most of Sunday night and didn't sleep much. Then despite my better judgement I went to school on Monday. Jaxon wasn't there which I was quite happy about since I looked like a zombie. I don't want to look weak in front of him. I won't give him satisfaction. Although Jaxon wasn't there, the rest of them were. I just got pity looks from them all day. I hated it.

Unfortunately, he came to school yesterday. We didn't even look at each other. 

I don't sit with them anymore and he's in the bare minimum classes of mine so we don't have to put too much effort in with avoiding each other. I'm still going to Italy on Friday and honestly, I'm looking forward to it now. I could use some cheering up from the boys and Gia.

As I drive into school, I notice Jaxon's car in its usual space. I take a deep breath, Just ignore him. It's fine I did it yesterday I can do it today.  I'll need to do it for the rest of the school year so best get used to it. 

I park and walk into the school, however on my way to the doors a couple catches my eye. They're making out against the wall. My heart sinks when I get closer and realise that it's Jaxon. I'm not sure who the girl is. 

I keep my head high and walk through the school doors not sparing them another glance. Looks like he's back to his old ways already. Good for him. 

Walking to my locker, I get a lot of looks from the other students. I'm pretty sure that they're aware of Jaxon and I's break up. I mean after his little 'claim' speech a few weeks ago, you would barely ever see me without Jaxon or one of the others. This is now the third day in a row that I've not been around any of them.

No one has said anything to me yet which I find quite amusing. They're all just a bunch of gossips.

Anyways I get my stuff from my locker and walk to my first class. I quite enjoy this class since I sit next to Theo.  We usually just mess around ang get into trouble. It's pretty fun. 

The class is already half full when I get there since the bell rang not too long ago. Theo is sitting at his usual seat at the back. I happily walk over and plop down next to him. 

"Good morning Miss Barlow." He smiles turning to me. I smile back at him, "Good morning Mr Casper." I reply. He scrunches his nose up at that. "Ew, don't use my surname." I raise my eyebrows at him, "Excuse you, If you can use mine then I can use yours." I retort to which he just narrows his eyes, "Touche". There's a few seconds of silence and I can tell he wants to say something.

"Soooooooo." He drags out. I roll my eyes, "What?" He notices my slight change in mood and pauses for a second before talking again. "Oh nothing." He shakes his head dismissing his own curiosity. I groan, "Come on, just ask me about It already, I know you want to." He stares at me for a second contemplating his next move. Then he leans forward, his elbows on the table. 

"What happened with you and Macaluso? Are you guys still together?" I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment then lean back in my chair. "No. We broke up." He sighs a breath of relief and I lift an eyebrow questioningly at that. Why would he be happy about that? 

He notices my questioning gaze and a look of embarrassment crosses his features, "No! It's not what you think, god Jaxon would kill me. I'm just relieved cause I didn't want to have to be the one to tell you that he was cheating on you this morning if you guys were still together." I nod my head in understanding, a pang of pain in my heart as I'm reminded of Jaxon and that girl.

"Yeah, well he's a free man." I say. The conversation ending as the teacher walks in. We goof about for the rest of class as he tries his best to keep my mind off of Jaxon.

***

The rest of the day runs by pretty smoothly and It's lunch time now. Just as I shut my locker, an arm wraps around my shoulders forcing me to walk. "You're sitting with me for lunch Barlow and you don't quite have a choice so don't even try and refuse." Theo's proud voice explains as he drags me towards the cafeteria. 

I roll my eyes smiling. Maybe just for today, I don't fancy sitting alone. "Okay then." He smiles triumphantly, "Good." 

When we reach the cafeteria, he walks me over to a table pretty much just full of boys. The basketball boys to be more precise. He's part of the team, therefore they eat together. However, the basketball boys also mean their captain is sitting there. The one I had a make out session with a few weeks ago to make Jaxon jealous. Brilliant. I really hope this isn't awkward.

He walks over to a spare seat then pulls another from the table behind for me to sit on. We both sit down as Theo opens his mouth, "Guys this is Aleja Barlow, I've asked her to sit with us today so be nice." I just smile and look around the table, There's six of them in total. 

"Hey, it's really not a problem if you'd rather me not sit here." I say making sure to give them the option. I don't want to intrude.

"No don't be silly, we're honoured." One of them smiles holing his hand out, "I'm Lucas." I shake his hand smiling. The rest of them go around introducing themselves. Until we get to the captain, "Julian" He smirks. "I'm pretty sure we've already met." He says leaning forward on the table. I just smirk back at him, "Yeah, you seem familiar." We stare at each other for a few seconds before bursting out laughing. 

A few seconds later we hear the bang of the cafeteria door. I Look over to the Macaluso table to find Jaxon missing and that girl he was with earlier running out after someone. I'll take a wild guess on who she's running after. My face falls a little and the boys must of noticed since they start talking about something else. 

I had a great lunch with them all, they're really funny and have this great chemistry between them. It's great to just watch them laughing away. I wouldn't mind sitting with them again to be honest. 

***

The next day goes by pretty much the same. I sit with the boys again but only for half of lunch. The other half I go to the library to get some stuff for the work I've been given whilst I'm away next week. 

I'm browsing the shelves when I feel someone standing next to me. I turn to see who it is and It's Winter just staring at me. 

"Are you ok?" I ask her scrunching my eyebrows. She stares for another few seconds before throwing herself at me, wrapping me in a tight hug. It takes me a few seconds to regain my composure and hug her back. I pull away not long after, "What was that for?" I ask her confused. She just sighs, "I miss you." I nod my head looking to the floor. "We all do and Jaxon won't admit it but I know he does. He's been so miserable lately Ally and I don't know what to do. I mean he's being completely irrational; he won't let any of us speak to you, he thinks I'm at the toilet right now. Please come back to us." I shake my head taking a step back from her. 

"Look Winter I miss you guys too, but Jaxon and I decided that this would be best for both us and you. Everything's just so messed up and we gave it our best shot but things just keep getting in the way. He'll be alright soon okay I promise, he just needs time and so do I." She looks at me through sad eyes. 

"No please Ally, you don't get it, he needs you. We're all going to Theos again on Saturday why don't you come and you guys can sort thing out." She rushes out desperately. I just smile at her, "I'm going to Italy on Friday Winter I'm sorry I ca-" She cuts me off before I can finish,

"You're not leaving Aleja, please you don't need to leave America just yet at least finish the school year." I'm confused for a second until I realise what I said. 

"Winter I'm only going for a week, I'll be back to finish the year don't worry." She sighs in relief. "Now go back to your brother before he gets worried, you know he wouldn't be happy finding you here, just do as he says please." It shatters my heart saying that, but I get why he doesn't want them speaking to me. 

She nods sadly giving me one last hug before rushing back out of the library.

***

Hey, This is just kind of a filler chapter so not too exciting sorry!