Chapter 48: Progress

Nova was already at the house when we got back. We changed into comfies then ordered pizza and watched movies in Winter's room. It didn't take long for them to fall asleep.

East was just as angry as the rest of us when he saw them. Winter hugged him the same way that she did with Jax and if it weren't for Jaxon needing him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let her go all night. 

East left not long after we got in to go assist Jaxon and the other's with tracking down these guys. Asher called about two hours ago to tell us that they got them and were at the warehouse. I wish I could've been there. Although judging by the fact that the boys aren't back yet, they're probably getting everything they deserve. Assholes. 

The girls told us that they were supposed to be going to some sort of party thing with friends. The friends weren't from our school though, Aspen and Winter met them at one of Theo's parties that they snuck to. Apparently it was only a small group of them but everyone was high when they got there. The guy that drove them refused to take them back so they decided to walk to somewhere they could get an uber from but then those guys started following them. The reason they didn't want Jaxon or East finding out was because they actually went there for the purpose of getting high themselves, they thought they'd just be smoking weed, but there was much stronger stuff there that they didn't want to be involved with. I'm proud of them for leaving and not being peer pressured in staying but I'm not sure that's how the boys will see it. They'll just be pissed that they even went in the first place. 

Nova and I came downstairs to the living room after the girls fell asleep. "So what are we going to do about the boys?" Nova asks.

I sigh running a hand through my hair, "We'll let Winter explain it to them tomorrow, then be there for her if things get out of hand. But honestly, I'm leaving this one up to them. Jaxon is tricky when he's in parent mode and I can't really afford to have another argument with him right now." I say leaning back on the sofa and putting my feet up. 

Nova just nods in agreement, "Yeah I get that. I remember when we were a little younger, when I first met East, he was rebellious and got into trouble with Jaxon a lot. The atmosphere in the house was always off for a few days after any row they had. I hated being around it but I hated even more being around Jaxon when he was actually doing the telling off. It was terrifying. Nothing could ever calm him down. Damon would always lead Winter away to her room or something so she didn't see it." Nova shook her head at the memories, looking down. She then turns back to me, "Believe it or not but since you've come along it's not been anywhere near as bad. I mean he still get's extremely angry but there isn't that negative energy in the house after it anymore. I must say though he's done a great job at looking after them both, I mean Jaxon and East don't argue nearly as much. The incidents with Winter are just normal growing up things that the boys aren't ready for yet. It's hard for them to admit that she's not 10 anymore." She smiles. I understand everything she's saying and it makes me feel good to know that I'm having some sort of impact on cooling Jaxon's outbursts. Seems like a step in the right direction. 

"It's good to know I'm helping, even if it's just a little bit." I say just as we hear the doors bang open. 

We look at each other, sigh then get up walking towards the noise in the kitchen. Damon, East and Asher are stood around the place, with Asher raiding the cupboards. There's blood on Damon's shirt and some on East's. Nova walks over to him and starts fussing, checking him for injuries. 

I look towards Damon to ask where Jaxon was but he speaks before I can even open my mouth, "He went upstairs for a shower." I nodded sending him a smile before turning and walking back out of the kitchen towards his room. 

When I get there, the shower is already running and his clothes are scattered over the floor. I sigh and pick them up, noticing all of the blood on them. More than Damon and East combined. I smirk sadistically. Good.