Chapter 6: Suspicions

It was now lunch time and I had successfully avoided Jax after our little morning run in. I did however miss my first period class as the bell rang shortly after Jax left me in the hall.

I managed to somehow find my second period class, and had someone help me from there.

So far this school was pretty much like any other. I hadn't run into any mean girls and everyone I met seemed nice enough. I just hadn't found anyone that I wanted to be friends with yet. I know that sounds stuck up but I knew before I came here that I had to choose wisely who I associated myself with. I know I said I wanted a mafia free life, but that doesn't actually mean I can just walk around acting as if I'm not the daughter of the Italian Mafia Don.

The mafia follows you everywhere. Jax and his friends proved that and they don't even know who I am. It's obvious that they're part of this life, I just don't know how. They could just be a small gang or they could be part something much worse. I didn't plan on finding out though.

I realised just how long I had been standing at my locker for as the halls were practically empty as all the other students had scattered off to catch up with friends and get lunch.

Shutting my locker, I turned to walk to the cafeteria, as my stomach was in desperate need of some food. Apparently my morning coffee wasn't enough to keep me going the whole day.

As I turned the corner I spotted a group of boys wearing matching jackets. I guess this is the football team then. I recognised a couple of them from my classes today, they weren't bad looking but I wasn't exactly looking for a relationship. Friends with benefits, maybe but that was getting ahead of myself for the moment. It is only my first day.

Shaking my head of my thoughts, I went to walk past them when I felt a hand on my waist pulling me into a chest.
"Hey, Baby girl are you new here? I think I could give you a warm welcome". Seriously. I had to hold back a cringe at that.

Looking up at this obviously delusional boy, I saw a smirk plastered on his face as the others around us just laughed. Then within a second his hand had travelled from my waist and down to my ass, giving it a squeeze.

Oh hell no, this was not happening.

Roughly, I shoved him off, causing him to stumble a bit. Before he could even steady himself I raised my fist and slammed it down on to his nose, hearing a satisfying crack.

I know I just considered friends with benefits with these guys but, unwanted groping was not a part of the deal. Especially when I don't even know this guys name and he doesn't know mine.

"Fucking bitch" He spluttered out as his hands flew to his face in pain.

The others standing around him gave me looks that could kill. I didn't care though, cause the way I was feeling right now, I would happily put a bullet through each of their skulls if they dared come near me.

"Don't ever fucking touch me like that again" I spoke in a deadly voice, glaring at each and every single one of them.

"Oh yeah, or what?", A brunette steps out of the group and towards me, attempting to be threatening.

It's laughable really, this teenage boy thinks he can scare me, when I grew up around scary Italian men that carried guns everywhere. Speaking of guns, This would've been so much easier if we weren't standing in the middle of a high school.

"Or I'll do more than just break a bone. You don't even want to know what I'm capable of" The boys eyes flashed with fear. I mean my voice was so deadly that I even surprised myself with it.
Before another move could be made, the one person I didn't want to see decided to make an appearance, walking towards us with his usual stone cold face.