Chapter 16: Phone calls with Papá

I wake up to a banging on the door. Squinting my eyes open I realise that I'm laying on Jaxon's chest and that he's still somehow asleep despite the banging.

When the banging stops I contemplate just going back to sleep, but that thought was short lived when the banging starts again. Huffing, I pulled myself out of Jaxon's arms and pulled on some joggers to go with his shirt before making my way to the front door. Shutting the bedroom door behind me.

Opening the door without looking through the peep hole, I was met by Gabriel.

Fuck.

I managed to hide the panic on my face when I realised that him and Jaxon were in the same apartment. This would be a disaster if Jaxon woke up.

Before I could think, Gabriel had slid through the door past me.

"Good morning Alejandra, your father requested that I check up on you since he heard of a misunderstanding between you and Mr Alfonso. He would like to speak with you." He explained, standing tall and confidently. Probably still a little shaken by our previous encounter.

"Ah ok, I'll call him later Gabriel, was that all?" I replied, trying to get rid of him.

Just as he opened his mouth to answer me, we heard a door shutting. Shit shit shit. Thankfully my bedroom door didn't move though so he must've gone into my en suite.

Thank Mary, Jesus and Joseph.

Gabriel gave me an alarmed look and reached for his gun.

"No, No, It's fine. I just had a friend over last night, you can put your gun away." I rushed out standing in front of him. He visibly relaxed and put the gun away thanfully.

"Just give me a second" I didn't even wait for a reply as I rushed to my bedroom. Shutting the door behind me, I glanced at Jaxon's confused face as he came out of the bathroom. I must've looked crazy standing against the door with a stressed look on my face.

"You need to stay in here. My Papa's bodyguard is out there checking up on me. He cannot see you at any costs." I explained.

His face turned serious and he nodded at me. I let out a sigh and just then realised that he was standing in just his boxers. I shamelessly checked him out and bit my lip. He growled in response which snapped me back to reality, Not the time Aleja. This is not the time.

"I'll come get you when he's gone" I said then left the room to get rid of Gabriel.

He's still in the same place as I left him.

"Ok well, Thanks for stopping round. I'll make sure to give Papa a call today" I spoke, hoping he get's the message and leaves.

"No problem Miss Alejandra, have a good day." He replied and turned to leave. Thank god.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding as soon as the front door slammed shut. That wasn't fun at all.

Walking back into the bedroom,  Jaxon is standing in the middle of the room now fully dressed. Wow, that was quick.

"Is he gone?" He asks me as he acknowledges my presence in the room.

"Yep" I huff out, collapsing on my bed. Still annoyed at the fact that I'm not sleeping right now.

"What did he want?" Jaxon asks nosily.

"I had an argument with my brother and now my father wants to talk with me about it." I groan out.

The conversation isn't going to be fun. Alfie's probably made it out as if I'm being dramatic and most likely hasn't told papa the whole story.

Jaxon quirks his eyebrow at me.
"What did you argue about?"