Chapter 50: Secrets

I just sat there in shock not knowing what to say. I have a million questions running through my mind. But looking at those scared eyes of hers, I knew it wasn't the time. "Okay, and what makes you think that?" I ask turning my body to face her. She doesn't look up at me as she talks, "I'm a couple of days late and I had sex a few days ago" she seems so ashamed of it.

I was sure it had to of been with Damon. I don't know why I'm shocked that it actually happened though. "Did you use protection?" I ask, a couple of days late doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant, and I hope for her and Damon's sake that she's not. 

"We did, he used a condom, I'm just scared that it didn't work" she cries. I put my hands on either side of her face and have her look at me, "I'm sure it did okay, we can go and get a test just in case, I'll come with you so you don't have to do it alone." She nods her head, "What do I do if it's positive?" she asks with a shaky voice, "Well if it's positive then you'll have a decision to make, I'll support you either way. If you decide it's not time for you yet, then I can make an appointment and come with you if you want, id be there every step of the way. And likewise, for if you decide that motherhood is a path you decide you want to go down this now. You'll never be alone Winter, I can promise you that. But let's just wait and see what a test says before we get into all that okay?" I smile comfortingly at her. She just sniffles nodding her head, a ghost of a smile peeking through. 

"Right then, let's go to the store before your brothers get back." I noticed East's car wasn't in the driveway so he must still be out. 

Winter shoves on her shoes and we make our way to my car. The drive to the store was silent, Winter looked like she was going through all the scenarios in her head and didn't look like she wanted to talk about it. I let her stay in the car and I went in myself to get it, she was paranoid that someone would see her with it. 

Turns out she was right to be worried. "Alejandra Barlow with a pregnancy test. Interesting" I turned around to find a familiar face looking at me with a smirk on his face. It was Richards. The guy I punched on my first day of school. I still never found out his first name. After our run in, he avoided me like the plague so this sudden confidence of his is surprising.

"Why exactly does that interest you?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Just nice to know. I wonder, does Jaxon know?" he walks closer to me, a huge smile on his face as if he's just won the lottery. I just squint my eyes at him trying to figure out what exactly his motives are. "I feel like this is something he'd be interested to know"  he says, "I don't see how this is any of your business, Richards. Now a run along, I've got shit to do." I say beginning to walk away, my arm is suddenly yanked back, stopping me in my tracks. I spin around now so we're face to face.

"I suggest you let me go right now before you end up in a worse state than you did last time." I say in a threatening tone. Fear flashes through his eyes before returning back to a playful grin. He puts his hands up as a surrender motion before walking away. I just shake my head and continue to the check out.

That guy has a death wish. He's lucky Winter needed me in that moment. 

We drove back to the house and thankfully the driveway was still empty of Jax and East's cars. We walked back up to Winter's room and I sat on the bed as she went into her bathroom to take the test. She came out after a minute with the test wrapped up in toilet paper. "I've set a timer for 3 minutes" she says as she sits down beside me, placing the test on her other side. "It's going to be okay, whatever it says." I try to say encouragingly. I've been there before and it's the worst few minutes of your life waiting to see what it says. Especially when your young and scared.  

"I know I just don't know how I'd tell my brothers. They'll be so mad at me I don't think they'd ever forgive me for this." she says, a tear running down her cheek. "If it says positive, yes your brothers won't be happy but I'm sure if you decided you wanted to keep it that they'd be the best uncles in the world. The moment they lay eyes on your little one they would fall in love. Plus I think Damon would make an amazing dad" I say with a smirk, she looks at me like a deer caught in headlights.

I just laugh, "Who else would it be?" she just shakes her head, a small smile on her face. That soon drops though as her timer blares through the room. 

"You've got this" I say as she gently picks up the test, slowly peeling back the toilet roll it was wrapped in. She takes a sharp breath making me panic a little. "It's negative" she finally says, letting out a huge sigh of relief. I did the exact same throwing myself backwards on her bed "Thank god" she says lying back next to me. "Thank god indeed" I agree with her. 

"Hey can I ask you a question?" I sit up turning back to face her "Sure what's up" she sits up as well then gets up and walks over to her bin, lifting out an empty sweet packet and hiding the negative test inside it. "Are you on birth control?" she asks shyly.

"Yes, I am. I have been for a couple years now. Are you wanting to get on it?" I ask her. Jaxon is not going to react well to this. "Yeah but I don't know how, I won't be able to get an appointment with a doctor without Jaxon knowing. Our family doctor reports back to Jaxon on anything surrounding East and I. Do you think you would be able to help me?" I knew that was coming,

"Look Winter, I think you'd be better going through Jaxon for this. I can help you explain it to him if you want." she shoots me a panicked look after I say that. "No please, I can't he won't understand. He'll just say no" I really wish I could help her.

"I'm sorry Win, but I can't go behind Jaxon's back for this. The test was one thing and I promise you I won't tell him anything about it, but as much as I want to be there for you with this, I just can't. Your brother has made it very clear about being the parent for you guys and I just can't do this without his permission. We're just getting back on track; I don't want to lose his trust." She looks away from me "It's okay, I understand" she mumbles.

"I will still be there for you if you want to ask him though. I can back you up and say it's for helping with your period? Surely he won't say no to that." I say trying to be encouraging. She finally looks up at that, "Maybe, I'll think about it and let you know." I nod my head at her.

"Thank you though for helping me today. I really needed that support." I smile at her, "Don't thank me, I'm just sorry I can't help more." With that I get up and make my way downstairs as I her Jaxon's car pull up. Winter doesn't follow so I expect she needs some alone time to process today's events. 

"Hey" Jaxon greets as he walks through the door. "How was your day?" I ask walking down the remaining steps towards him. He groans, "I don't want to talk about it. How about yours?" he asks wrapping his arms around me.

"Interesting" I say after a long pause. He cocks an eyebrow, "How come?" I just shake my head "You don't want to know" 

We have dinner together then watch movies in the cinema room for the rest of the night. East and Winter joining us at some point. I look over at Winter and just hope she decides to ask Jaxon about the birth control, because if she goes behind his back and he finds out, which he definitely will, it won't be pretty.

***

As promised! Another Chapter!

Hope you guys like it.