Nine

Jieun had just finished cleaning the kitchen. She was now ready to open her gifts. Grabbing her cup of tea, she sat by the living room carpet and carefully unboxed Yijeong's gift. She grinned upon seing the new set of paint brushes she's been eyeing on for the past days. Lately, she's been learning to paint. She found the hobby healing and calming.

She took Yoongi's gift next. She doesn't know why all of a sudden she felt anxious about opening it. Maybe it's because never expected a gift from Yoongi at all.
"Would the tangerines really compensate this gift from him?" She thought, shaking the box which she found to be lightweight. Jieun opened the gift and she was more than surprised to see a pair of blue gloves inside. She gently shook her head out of dismay.

"Unbelievable."

December 2010

Christmas is just around the corner as the weather gets colder and colder. Jieun found herself shivering. She regret her decision of wearing a not-so-thick coat. Walking along the busy street, she spotted a small shop. She was thinking of buying a scarf and a pair of gloves to help her get through the cold temperature before heading for her interview.

It's been about a year since she stopped singing. After losing their jobs, Jieun and Yijeong tried starting over with what was left of them. They worked as musicians, performing in restaurants and bars. They even tried forming a band, but everything failed. Giving up their passion, Yijeong tried looking for a different job. He got hired as a sales agent in an computer company. Jieun on the other hand was forced to work part-time in a flower shop as well as in a cafe. Her stubborn attitude didn't help her find a regular job. From slowly becoming famous, she went into a slump. Things were not in her favor.

She finally found a better job offering, a permanent one at a real estate company. She was set for the final interview and she believed that this time, luck was on her side.

Sensing that she needed to hurry up to make it early on the interview, she decided to randomly pick what she instantly see inside the shop. She just needed something to keep her warm. But as she was looking at the displays, something caught her eyes. She saw a pretty pair of blue gloves, something perfect for her small hands. She immediately took it, but was surprised to see someone holding the other half of the pair. She was even surprised to see the man who was trying to get her gloves.

"Lee Jieun?"

She refused to answer. She just held the gloves tighter, attempting to get the other one from the person's hand.

"It's mine. I saw it first." Jieun acted like she didn't hear him mention her name.

Jieun failed to get the gloves. It seemed like the man had no plan of letting her win the battle.

"I'm in a hurry so if you don't mind, just give it to me. I saw it first. I took it first." Jieun continued, giving him a sharp glare.

The man was now the one who stopped talking. He then asked the seller if there were still more sets of the gloves.

"I'm sorry, sir, but this is the only pair left. But we still have other designs to choose from." The seller answered, showing the other gloves on display.

"Lee Jieun, you can choose from these. They're more beautiful and they fit better for you." He was trying to convince Jieun, but the latter was stern on her decision. She really wanted that pair.

"No! I need the gloves. Can you just give it to me so we could end this argument now?!" Jieun was starting to lose her patience. Just when she was about to do another attempt of stealing the glove from the man, her phone rang.

"Jieun-ssi, good morning. Please be reminded that your interview starts in ten minutes. Please inform me if you can make it."

"Okay, sir. I'm on my way."

Devastated, Jieun gave up on the pair of gloves she wanted and settled to another one. After paying her purchases and before she could leave the store, she overheard the man by the counter.

"Yes, please. Could you write there a Christmas message? To Suran from Yoongi."

And that was the only name and the only man to instantly ruin Jieun's day.

"Ugh. This man is getting into my nerves again."

She put the gloves back in the box. She had no intention of using something that will just remind her of memories she was trying to forget. Sliding the box under the table, she got up and decided to head to her bed and sleep. She was tired. Not of all the cooking and preparing for the Christmas dinner, but of thinking about one person who kept on breaking her heart.

**
Today is Kim Taehyung's birthday! He was my first bias in BTS. I fell in love with his voice when I was just a new fan💕

 I fell in love with his voice when I was just a new fan💕

Happy birthday baby bear. I wish you good health and happiness this coming year💜