Forty-one

"Noona, where have you been? I thought you left already. You're not answering my calls."

"I'm sorry, Beomgyu. I just went out for some fresh air."

"I wonder what kind of fresh air did you breathe."

"What do you mean?"

"You seem very happy, noona. I haven't seen that smile for a very long time. I can't even remember what made you smile like that."

"I think my dear brother needs more sleep. He's hallucinating." Jieun joked around, trying to not to smile even bigger.

She and Yoongi decided not tell Yijeong and Beomgyu until their schedule gets lighter. They still have to focus on more important and urgent things which means they have to keep everything a 'secret' for some time.

"Let's go. I'm hungry."

"Noona, I thought we're gonna stay late?"

"I don't feel like working anymore. It's Monday tomorrow anyway. Let's get some dinner first then we'll head home."

Beomgyu got excited. He instantly kept his things and helped Jieun clean up her office. Few minutes later, they're ready to go.

"Oh, hyung's still here!" Beomgyu stopped walking towards the elevator and called Yoongi.

Yoongi was about to go back to his office when he heard Beomgyu's loud call. His attention was caught by Jieun who was a bit ahead of Beomgyu, waiting for the elevator door to open. He approached the siblings to greet Beomgyu back.

"Hi!" He looked at Jieun who was already staring at him, trying to hide her smile. "You guys are going home now?"

"Yeah. Noona said she's tired and hungry."

"Do you want to have dinner with us?" Jieun suggested.

Yoongi was not expecting such invitation. He was nervous for a bit since Beomgyu might notice something strange between them. But of course, he wanted to spend more time with her.

"Sure. I'll get my things first. You guys wait for me at the entrance."

Not long after, they were at the restaurant sharing grilled pork bellies and a bottle of soju.

"Hyung, are you ready for your debut?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your debut. You're gonna sing with noona, remember?"

"Oh. I still don't know. But I'll do my best. I'll finalize the song tonight so that we can release it soon."

"Alright! I'm so excited, hyung! I'm sure your song will become a huge hit. And you guys will be the music industry's it couple!"

"Beomgyu, stop talking. Just eat." Jieun was almost holding her breath the entire evening. She knew how keen his brother is and she didn't want him to get a single hint about their secret yet.

Yoongi however was having fun. He was spending time with Jieun and at the same time, bonding with his 'girlfriend's' brother. He wished they could just tell him so he would have an idea on what they're celebrating about.

After dinner, Yoongi drove them home. Before Jieun could get inside their apartment, Yoongi stopped her. The latter got out of the car and stood beside Jieun.

"Thank you for inviting me for dinner."

"Sure thing. I know you won't be eating again so I just did what I had to do."

"As my girlfriend?" Yoongi whispered, too careful for Beomgyu not to hear, even though the young man was already inside the apartment.

"Yeah...as your girlfriend." Jieun whispered back.

Yoongi couldn't help but smile. He was still having a difficult time to believe everything at the moment.

"Okay, time for you to go home." Jieun playfully pushed Yoongi towards the car door. "Drive safely, okay?"

Yoongi just nodded. He wanted to spend more time with her, but he was too shy to tell Jieun. He was left with no choice but get inside the car.

Jieun peeked at the window while Yoongi was fixing his seatbelt. He flinched at the sight of Jieun whom he thought was already heading inside her home.

"You forgot something, Jieunie?" He was curious why she still stayed outside.

"Yes." She reached out to give Yoongi a soft kiss. "I love you."

The poor man got stunned again with Jieun's sudden action. He was not expecting anything more after their dinner.

"Hey, don't just sit there. Say it back." Jieun chuckled. She knew how flustered Yoongi was.

"I...I love you."

"You're so cute." She giggled. Yoongi loved Jieun's giggles. They're music to his ears. "Alright, you go now. I'll head back inside. Bye."

Yoongi managed to give Jieun a shy smile. He was still in a daze. His gaze followed the lady walking her way into the door of her apartment. He felt like he was in cloud nine.

"How could I be this lucky?"