Forty (part 2)

"Wait wait wait!" Jieun panicked when she felt Yoongi's hand on her. "What are you doing, Min Yoongi?"

"Jieun—"

"Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this. Yoongi, are you..."

Yoongi was left speechless, confused with Jieun's weird reaction.

"Yoongi, are you...are you going to confess to me as well?"

"Huh? Someone already—"

"I'm sorry, Yoongi, I lied. Actually, Jungkook told me something really important."

Yoongi remembered what Beomgyu told him the day Jungkook went to Jieun's office. Now he was beginning to lose hope. Slowly, he let go of his grip on Jieun's hand.

"Jungkook told me he likes me." Jieun took a sip of her coffee before speaking again. "He asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh." Yoongi's once cheerful mood suddenly turned gloomy. He was already mourning for his defeated feelings. "So, congratulations, I guess? You both deserve each other." His voice was starting to crack, but he still managed to fake a smile.

"I'm not done with my story yet, Yoongi." Jieun whispered, as if trying to share a secret with him. "I did not accept it."

Yoongi froze. He was not very sure whether what he heard was real or just a product of his imagination. "You what?"

"I rejected Jungkook. I feel bad for him, but I know it's for the best."

Yoongi secretly pinched himself to check if he was really awake. Was everything for real? He stared at Jieun and controlled himself not to pinch her too.

"I don't have feelings for him. I can't fool myself." Jieun stared back at Yoongi. The latter instantly avoided her eyes out of shyness. "But Yoongi-ah, I have to tell you something."

Yoongi looked at her again, this time not breaking eye contact. He was very anxious, thinking about the possible words Jieun has to say. What if it's something that would break him? Jieun rejecting Jungkook's feelings was not a guarantee to something favorable to him.

"Wait, Jieunie. Before you say anything, can you at least give me a chance to speak?"

Jieun tried not to smile, knowing that Yoongi is already starting to get nervous. "Okay, I'll give you three minutes."

"What—"

"Three minutes." Jieun repeated, staying firm with her words. She glanced at her watch and back to the man. "Starting now."

Of course, Yoongi was startled. The three minute limit gave him a sudden deja vu. He felt like he lost all his practiced words until after fifteen seconds when he got up from his seat, closed his eyes and tried to recite all the feelings he's been keeping for so long.

"I know this is very random, but please hear me out. Jieun, we've known each other for so long. We've been through good and bad, we've shared happiness and tears together. You've been very special to me and it hurt me so much when we grew apart. It was the biggest regret I had in my life and if you only know how I would give the world just to go back in time to make it all right. Jieun, I know I'm not as handsome or as famous or as young or as talented as Jungkook, and I know that there are other men who deserve you better, but I hope you believe in me. I love you, Jieunie. I've always been in love with you. I've been in denial for so long, convincing myself that it's nothing but plain admiration because I hardly knew my own feelings then. But when I saw you again after nine years, when we had that crazy blind date, I knew for myself that you are still the one. I haven't let go of that thought since then and I hate myself for always messing up. I'm so lucky that I was given another chance to get close to you and this time, I promise myself not to waste this chance anymore. I love you, Jieun. And I will keep on loving you even if I suffer the same fate as Jungkook, even if I—"

"I love you too."

Yoongi was still trying to find more words to speak so he barely heard Jieun's response. "Huh?"

"I said time's up." Jieun couldn't stop blushing and giggling. She was feeling so happy she couldn't even explain it.

"No, you were saying something else." Yoongi frowned.

Jieun got up from her seat and walked slowly towards the anxious man. She stood close to him and suddenly gave Yoongi's cheek a quick kiss.

"I love you too, silly boy."

Yoongi zoned out for a while. "This couldn't be real." He was talking to himself while shyly looking at the beaming lady in front of him.

Jieun was very entertained with the man's expression. She couldn't stop giggling at how cute he was, looking so confused. She then forced herself to keep a straight face. Pretending to look serious, Jieun stared straight into Yoongi's eyes. The man stared back, still in disbelief. She gently wrapped her arms around Yoongi's neck, tiptoed a bit to reach him and gave him a light kiss on his soft lips.

"Min Suga, this is real. I love you." She repeated her words and waited to see how he would react again. Looking at Yoongi, Jieun knew how much she's falling even more.

When Yoongi came to his senses, he found Jieun smiling sweetly at her. He stood even closer and closed the tiny gap between them by hugging her tightly. Jieun hugged him back, still giggling of happiness.

"This is definitely the best day of my life." Yoongi closed his eyes, savouring the sweetest moment between the two of them.

***
a/n: ahhhh my hearrrrrrtttt🥰

Actually, I'm not so sure how to write this part since I myself don't have someone special to my heart right now.  I find it ironic to write romantic stories while not feeling in love at all (well, not really because I'm in love with Bangtan)😊

Anyway, good things are happening in this story and I've been waiting for this special part for quite some time. I'm happy to be sharing it with you today. I hope you loved it💖