Ten

"Are you sure she'll be okay with this? I bet she'll be furious."

"Yoongi, trust me. Jieun wouldn't mind. Besides, she's already invested in her job to leave. I don't know, maybe she'll just give me a week of cold treatment again if I'm lucky."

"Alright. But you should be the one to tell her. It's your idea from the very start anyway."

"Don't worry, bro. I'll take care of it. Jieun can take it."

"Take what?"

Yijeong and Yoongi were surprised to find Jieun by the door at Yijeong's office. They both looked at each other, Yoongi giving Yijeong a secret signal, prompting the latter to approach Jieun.

"Ah, Jieun. How's your day so far? Is it good?" Yijeong took Jieun's hand and led her to the chair facing Yoongi.

"Yijeong, I don't have time for this. What were you two talking about? And why is he here again?" Jieun looked straight into Yoongi's eyes but the young man immediately shifted his focus somewhere else.

"You don't have to be rude, Jieun. Especially to your boss."

"Boss?"

Yoongi panicked. Why do Yijeong have to suprise Jieun like this?

"Jieu-ssi. I...I think I need to explain." Yoongi decided to tell everything himself.

"Well obviously, you do. Because I don't understand anything."

Yoongi took the deepest breath he ever made in his entire life before starting to speak. He then mustered up all the courage to look into Jieun's eyes. He almost melted.

"When Yijeong opened this label, he was not alone. We were partners. We decided to start making music again, and we thought it would be great if this time, it'll be ours." Yoongi was searching for words. He always runs out of words to say everytime he talks to the lady.

"Yijeong took care of everything while I was away."

"But Yoongi was the one who supplied with most of the capital and the equipments we have here." Yijeong added. "Yoongi was studying and working abroad when we started this. I thought we had to wait until he gets back, but he insisted on starting up soon."

"Now that our label is starting to grow and make its name, I think it's about time to tell you. I'm sorry, Jieun-ssi. We kept this as secret for years and I know it's not fair to you who made a lot of contribution to our success."

Jieun was speechless. She was very confused. She felt mad and betrayed. After finding out everything, she still don't understand why Yijeong had to lie to her for almost five whole years. She got so many questions in her mind but she just can't ask everything right now. For now she just wanted the easiest way out of the office and to stay away from the two men who ruined her day.

April 2015

"Genius Lab?" Jieun asked while looking at the signage posted outside the small office space.

"It's cool, right?" Yijeong grinned, looking very excited. "It's...it's my idea. You know, the cooler it sounds, the more curious people get."

"I don't know, Yijeong. It sounds cringey to me. Why don't you just use your own name so you'll easily get recognized? Like Jang Entertainment? Or Yijeong Music?"

"Now who's cringey, Lee Jieun?"

Yijeong invited Jieun at the opening of his small recording label. He finally decided to continue with his passion, music, but this time, he was not alone. Yoongi, his long time friend who used to be his partner when he was an underground rapper, asked him to be his partner in the said business.

Yes, the same Yoongi who got into a mad argument with Jieun six years ago.

"So Yijeongie, you saved a lot from your previous work huh. I'm kinda jealous." Jieun commented while having her mini tour around the office. She was joking about being jealous. In fact, she was very proud of her best friend finally achieving his childhood dream.

"Actually, I saved just a little. But a friend lend me money to help me start up."

"Wow. You seem to have rich friends now. I guess you don't need me anymore."

"Come on, Jieun. Of course no one can beat you. You've been my friend since we're kids. You and Sooyoung are the most important persons in my life right now, you know that." Yijeong pinched Jieun's cheeks to which the latter violently reacted by lightly punching his stomach.

"You don't have to explain. I was just kidding." Jieun smiled. "By the way, who's that friend?"

Yijeong was caught by surprise with her question. He can't reveal the secret to Jieun. Not now that he knows how his bestfriend might probably stop him from continuing with the business. She still couldn't forgive Yoongi and Yijeong was very aware of that.

"Ah, someone I met at work. He went abroad last year and found a good paying job there. He really wanted to help so I accepted his offer." He was hoping that Jieun would be convinced with his answer. The girl was often curious so he was cautious about what she could ask next.

"Okay, just be careful in trusting new people in your life. I don't want to see you get frustrated again."

To Yijeong's relief, Jieun seemed to believe her best friend. But not long after that, he forgot to breathe again when Jieun decided to ask another question.

"Anyway, do you think you have some work to offer me here? I could help you with doing songs. Just like the old times." Jieun's eyes were sparkling, thoughts of making music again made her really excited.

Yijeong never expected Jieun to become interested. When she lost her singing career, she cursed everything that involved music. His best friend quit chasing her long time dream and focused on another path. Now that she was asking to be a part of the label and to start working with music again, Yijeong felt tons of mixed up emotions.

"Of...of course, Jieun." Yijeong was hesitant. He knew he needed to ask Yoongi's approval first, but seeing Jieun get so excited with working on her passion after a very long time made him weak. He's been waiting for this moment to come. How can he just say no?

"Thank you, Yijeongie. I swear I won't fail you."

And just like that, Jieun reunited with her first love, music.

**
I might be a little late, but want to greet everyone a Happy New Year! I know 2020 was not really good for most of us, but knowing that the past year was over somehow brings us hope that 2021 will be different. Let's all look at the brighter side of life💕

Wishing you more happiness and peace this year!🤗💜