Thirty-five

Jieun was somehow relieved when she recognized the person's voice. However, her heart was still pounding in her chest.

"Yoongi, you scared me!"

Yoongi chuckled when he saw Jieun's cute glare. "I'm sorry, Jieun-ssi." Yoongi got up from his seat and offered it to Jieun. He sat on the swing across it. "Can't sleep?"

"Yeah. I've been trying for hours."

"Same here. Do you want some coffee?"

Jieun nodded. Yoongi left for a while and returned with a mug of the warm drink.

"Thank you." Jieun smiled. "By the way, where's Holly?"

"He's with hyung. I think he's not used to staying beside me anymore."

"Oh." Jieun did not know what to say next. She just sat there, sipping her coffee.

"By the way, did you tell Beomgyu that you'll be staying here for tonight?"

"Yeah. I almost forgot to. He was already worried when I called."

"He really cares for you a lot. I also called Yijoung. Just in case he looks for us."

"Oh no! You shouldn't have told him."

"Why?"

"You know Yijeong. He's been obsessed with shipping us from the very start. I don't know what's with that guy."

Of course, Yoongi knew, but still, he acted surprised. "Really? Your bestfriend needs a life." He let out a nervous laugh.

"I know. And maybe he needs someone to make him busy. He keeps on minding other people's business it's seriously annoying."

Yoongi found Jieun's serious face adorable. He missed conversations with her like this, so he tried talking more so that Jieun will not get bored.

"By the way, Suran called earlier. She said they could record the song next week."

Jieun was already feeling good until she heard what Yoongi said. That girl...she really keeps on getting Yoongi's attention.

"Okay. I should tell JK, then." Jieun answered with a straight face.

Yoongi also felt the same way. He doesn't hate Jungkook, but it's difficult for him to like the man either. Ever since they met again, Jungkook kept on bothering her.

"Okay, you can call your boyfriend now." He sounds annoyed.

"It's one in the morning. He's probably sleeping. And FYI, he's not my boyfriend."

Yoongi's once bitter thought was replaced with inexplicable joy.

It was Jieun's time to interrogate him. "What about you? Does your girlfriend know that a girl is talking to you at this moment?"

"Girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Suran's your girlfriend, right?"

"No? She's just a friend. We've been close friends for a very long time now. Why would you think that she's my girlfriend?"

"Well, you two seem to be so close. And last night at the bar, she's being extra sweet to you. So what do you call that?"

Yoongi chuckled again. "Ah...what you saw was the actress side of Suran. I think she has a thing for Namjoon and she was trying hard to catch his attention the whole time. That's why she still stayed at the bar after we left."

"Hmm. I don't know. I still think she's flirting with you."

"Trust me, she does that all the time when she tries to get somebody's attention. I know her very well so—" Yoongi stopped in the middle of his sentence when he realized something. "Wait. Are you jealous, Jieun-ssi?"