Twelve

"Shit shit shit!!!"

Jieun panicked when she woke up and checked her phone. It was already 6:05. She slept through her alarm and totally forgot about her scheduled meeting.

It was not like she was scared of Yijoung. Her best friend was not a fan of waiting, but she really didn't mind being scolded over and over. What she was thinking is that she can't make up her practiced I'm-not-yet-forgiving-you face because now, they're even. For sure, Yijeong will keep on bringing up her attitude of always showing up minutes (or even hours) beyond their agreed schedule as a form of his reverse psychology.

Jieun: I'm running late. Something came up. You can leave if you're busy. We can talk some other time.

Unknown number: It's okay. I'll be waiting for you. No need to rush :)

Jieun was surprised when she checked his reply. "Wow, Yijeong is seriously sick today."

She hurriedly took a hot shower and put on her clothes. The February snow made her shiver despite the layers of clothes she was wearing.

"Aish! Where the hell did I leave my gloves?" Jieun was growing impatient looking for the pair of gloves she brought with her. Not wanting to waste more time returning to her room upstairs, she took the Christmas gift box she kept by her table and took out the blue gloves that she swore she would never use.

"Just for today." Jieun whispered, smiling at the gift that perfectly fitted her small hands.

Taking a sip of the warm coffee that he ordered, Yoongi checked his watch for the nth time. It's 6:45 in the evening and outside, it was already dark. He's been waiting for quite some time, yet no sign of frustration can be seen from his face. In fact, he looked very calm. And very handsome (I just needed to include this😁).

However, he couldn't explain what he was feeling inside. He was happy, nervous, excited and scared. He was a complete whirlwind of emotions.

Jieun: Still there? Give me a minute.

Reading her message, Yoongi mentally recited the words he memorized earlier on his way to the coffee shop. He prepared himself for this moment. Nothing could go ever wrong.

There was a tiny ring of bell by the door of. Yoongi's eyes instantly searched for her, and there she was, looking straight at him. Just as he was about to stand up to approach her, Jieun immediately turned her back and left.

Yoongi rushed outside and tried to run after her. Catching her up, he grabbed her hand and Jieun stopped.

Lifting her face to take a clear look at the man, Jieun was surprised to see a smile on his face.

That smile. Why does it have to be beautiful?

She noticed him staring at her hand. Oh no. Jieun nearly froze.

"Maybe you'd like to go back to the cafe before we become snowmen here?"

Jieun seemed to be hypnotized. She did not even hesitate and just followed him.

"Where's Yijoung?" She finally found herself inside the coffee shop. There was no Yijeong in sight, just this annoyingly handsome man who happened to be her least favorite person.

"What do you want to drink, Jieun-ssi? Coffee or tea?"

"He said he'll meet me here. Where is he?"

"You should try their hot choc—"

"Min Yoongi, I'm not here to have some shallow chitchat with you. I'm here because Yijeong asked me to do some work. Where is he? Is he trying to set us up again?!"

"It was me, Jieun."

"What?"

"Yijeong knows nothing about this. I was the one who sent you the file."

"You're really unbelievable." She wanted to leave the place immediately, but something in her mind was telling her to stay.

"Look, I'm very sorry. It was not my intention to lie to you. It's just that I was hesitant to approach you about work and when you called and thought I was Yijeong, I figured it would be the best excuse to meet you." Yoongi kept looking on the floor, scared to catch Jieun's glare. "But if you're not comfortable about this meeting, then maybe we should just talk through email. I'm open for any suggestions." He continued, anxiously waiting for her response.

It took her a while to finally speak. "So this is really all about work?"

"Yes, of course."

"Okay. Hot chocolate."

"Huh?"

"You said I should try their hot chocolate. Then go get me one."

Yoongi bit his lip to hide his happiness. He hurriedly went to the counter to buy Jieun her hot chocolate.

Jieun softly smiled when she noticed him getting all antsy.

"For the love of music, Jieun ." She reminded herself.