Forty-seven

"Girlfriend?" Beomgyu kept on talking to himself. Now he wasn't so sure if what he heard from Yoongi was right.

"Oh." Jimin was finally taken aback. "I'm very sorry, Yoongi-ssi. I didn't know—"

"It's fine. I'm sorry I was kinda rude."

"No, no, it's okay. I totally understand. Ah, this is embarassing. Jieun-ssi, I'm sorry."

Jieun bowed and gave Jimin an awkward smile. Everyone who was present at the room were dumbfounded. They were not ready for the sudden revelation.

Beomgyu was very confused. He just stood still, shifting his gaze between Jieun and Yoongi. Yijeong however was disappointed. He hurriedly stepped out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Beomgyu approached Jieun after he saw Yijeong walk out of the room. "Noona, Yijeong hyung." He pointed to the direction of the door. Jieun gave her brother an assuring smile then left the meeting room to look for her devastated bestfriend.

Taehyung and Hoseok lead Jimin outside of the building after witnessing the entire drama. Again, he apologized to them before leaving.

Jieun had been walking around the building, trying to find Yijeong. She was already feeling exhausted going back and forth, checking every single office. She was sure that he hasn't left yet since his car was still parked outside.

The only place she hadn't been to was at the rooftop. She hurriedly climbed up the stairs and when she took the last step, she felt relieved at last. There he was, watching the sunset, smoking his cigarette.

"Yijeongie."

The man was shocked to hear Jieun's voice. He immediately threw the cigarette butt on the floor, stepping on it to put off the flame.

"You're smoking again? I thought you quit already." Jieun frowned.

Yijeong did not respond. He turned his back on her and continued watching the sun.

Jieun approached him and stood beside her bestfriend, keeping a short distance. She stared at him for a long time before attempting to speak.

"Yi—"

"If you're gonna tell me another lie, just leave."

"Yijeongie. I'm here to tell you everything."

"You should've done that before." He finally managed to face the lady. "How could you, Jieun?"

Jieun let her head low, uncertain of what she was going to tell him. "I'm sorry, Yijeong. I was just...I don't know, I was scared to tell you."

"So how long have you been keeping this secret from me?"

"A month...no, almost two months."

"Wow. You guys are great liars." Yijeong shook his head. He took a deep breath before scolding Jieun more. "You almost made a scene. What if Jimin-ssi got angry and withdrew his collaboration with us?"

"Is that more important to you now?"

"I used to think friends weigh more than any career or dream I have. But now that I found out how you've been keeping things behind me for months, I'd rather spend my whole life alone working my ass off."

"Come on, Yijeong. You know you can't do that."

"What if I can?"

Jieun walked closer to her bestfriend. She held his arm and didn't let go when he tried to keep her hand off of him.

"You stubborn kid." Jieun strongly tapped his hand. "Listen to me first, okay?"

Yijeong sighed. He had no other option but to pay attention. "Okay, tell me everything." He finally stayed calm.