Fourteen

"You did what?!"

"I kissed her. I kissed Jieun."

"Oh shit somebody's gonna get sued!" Yijeong couldn't help but laugh. He should be scolding Yoongi, but he was too entertained with the latter's story.

"This is the worst day of my life." Yoongi sulked. After Jieun left him, he decided to call Yijeong. He needed a drink. And a friend to listen.

But sometimes, Yijeong can be a complete asshole.

"Bro, what do you mean by worst? You kissed her. You kissed the girl of your dreams! How does it feel? Come on, spill it."

Yoongi rubbed his forehead. Only ten minutes at the bar and he was already having regrets of asking Yijeong to be his company.

"Woah, do you see that pretty chic there? She keeps on looking over here. I think she likes me."

"Huh?" Yoongi was not paying attention anymore.

"Stay here Yoons. I'm gonna talk to her."

Yoongi found himself alone. Noticing his glass empty, he called the bartender and asked for another pour of whiskey.

Slowly sipping the alcohol, he tried to drown his mind from memories of the girl he was trying to forget for the meantime.

January 2008

"You wanted to pursue your stupid dream? Go ahead. But don't expect anyone of us to support you!"

Yoongi could still hear his father's voice. He promised himself not to come back home until he could prove to his family that his dream was not stupid at all.

He had nowhere left to go. Worse, the winter was at its peak. All he had was his bag of clothes and his MIDI equipment. It was his very own treasure.

Looking for some place to keep himself warm, Yoongi wandered the streets, but failed to find one. It was already dark and he felt like giving up. He sat by the bus stop and started sobbing.

"Are you okay?" He suddenly heard a soft voice. "Are you crying? What are you doing here? Are you lost? Maybe I can help you. What's your name?"

"Go away!" Yoongi yelled. The very last thing he wanted was for someone to bomb him with so many questions.

"Okay, I was only trying to help." The tone of the voice shifted from worried to sad.

Trying to hide his face with his mask and his cap, he took a quick glance of the person who was already seated beside him.

"I don't need your help. I'm fine." He was speaking softly this time. He felt bad for being rude to someone who was just offering him help.

"If you say so. Well I got to go now." There was another change in her voice. "Oh, by the way, here, have this. You must be hungry."

Yoongi refused to take it. He then heard a deep sigh, followed by another different tone. This time, the voice seemed cheerful.

"Alright, you stubborn kid. I'll just leave it here in case you change your mind. Go home, kid." She left while humming a soft tune, slowly fading away.

Noticing that the place was clear, Yoongi took a peek at the contents of the paperbag beside him.

Tangerines.

Yoongi's recollection of his memories was put into halt when he noticed Yijeong mumbling beside him.