Thirty-six

Yoongi and Jieun left Daegu early to make it on time for work. Although both lacked sleep after their long and emotional talk, they felt much better now that everything between them has been settled.

Yoongi sent Jieun home first to prepare for work before he himself could drive straight to his apartment. Finally, he found his own space to stay after months of staying with Yijeong.

It was strange when they both arrived at the same time at the office. Yoongi let Jieun go to her office first while he stayed for a while at the cafeteria. He remembered what Jieun said about Yijeong and he knew how Jieun would be annoyed about her bestfriend roasting them when he sees them together.

"Noona, I'm glad you're already here." Beomgyu has been waiting for Jieun when she arrived at her office. "Where's Yoongi hyung?"

"I don't know." She pretended not to meet the man at the building's entrance earlier. "Maybe he was still at his apartment."

"Oh, I see. So noona, tell me what happened."

"What happened with what?"

"What happened at Daegu? You were with hyung all night, right?" There was a strange tone on her brother's voice. She knew right away that he's making fun of her again. "Yijoung hyung was so happy when he got a call from Yoongi hyung. He said he's been waiting for this to happen."

"Beomgyu, I think you should not be hanging out too much with Yijeong. You'll soon become as annoying as that man."

"I think I heard my name." Yijoung appeared out of nowhere.

Jieun rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Speaking of the devil."

Yijeong put his arm around Jieun's shoulder making the latter grumble. "Jieun my dear bestfriend, how did the meet-the-parents go?"

"Yijeong I swear I'm gonna punch you. What have you been telling Beomgyu when I was not around?"

"Noona, relax. Hyung hasn't told me anything...oh, except for the fact that he thinks that there was something going on between you and Yoongi hyung, even in the past."

"What something? There's no something. Yijeong, you really want me to kill you?"

Yijeong couldn't speak anymore. He was laughing hard, making Jieun pinch his arm. He was now whining out of pain.

Beomgyu didn't want to stop until he knows the truth. "You wouldn't have reacted this way if there was nothing going on, noona. Come on, tell us your story."

"Aish you two are the worst!" Jieun's temper is on its worst again, but she tried to calm herself. "I'll make this clear for the first and last time. There was nothing going on. Nothing happened in the past and nothing will happen in the future. Get it?"

"What if we refuse to believe you, Jieun? Where did the hatred with Yoongi come from? You used to be close then all of a sudden you were treating him like stranger again. You can't consider that as just plain nothing." Although Yijeong knew everything, he pretended to be clueless and interested just to support Beomgyu's curiousity.

"Just answer me honestly, noona. Did you and hyung date before?"

Jieun sighed in despair. She wanted to escape from all the questions, but since she knew that her brother won't stop asking, she decided to be honest.

"No." There was a pinch of sadness in her answer. "We never dated. We used to be good friends but we had a huge misunderstanding that led us to grow apart."

"You never dated but both of you liked each other. Am I right?"

Jieun ignored Yijeong's question. It's better to pretend not to hear anything from the man before she lose her mind and punch him.