Five

September 2015

She knew that sound was familiar, but she couldn't tell from where and when she heard it. It's almost impossible since it was the first time the song was played on the radio.

Trying to distract herself from her own thoughts, Jieun went outside the studio to get some coffee.

"The song is soo good. I'm addicted!"

"Isn't she a new singer? Her voice is so pretty and sweet. I wish I could sing just like her."

"Yeah. Her name's Suran. I bet that this is her make or break song. Good thing she took the risk."

"She'll become popular with this one. I just knew it."

The conversation on the elevator made Jieun curious about the singer. There was something about the name. Also, the song still keeps on ringing in her mind.

"She didn't write that song though. I heard the producer mention in his interview that it used to be a reject."

"How could that song be a reject? It sounds so beautiful."

"I know."

"A reject?" Jieun was not aware that she was speaking her mind. The two women stopped talking and looked straight at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just overheard your conversation. I didn't mean to, though." Jieun felt embarassed.

The two just smiled painfully. Jieun guessed that they were new trainees and that they know about her, hence, their expressions.

Jieun wanted to know more.

"I hope you don't mind, but do you know who made that new song? Uhm, Wine, right?" Jieun needed to get the question out of her chest. She was hoping her thoughts were all wrong.

"A producer named SUGA. He's a new one, I guess." One of them answered.

"I heard he's a good friend of Yijeong ssi." Added the other.

Could it be him? She wondered. The melody that seemed to haunt her was enough to answer her own question. She's certain of it. It was him. It was his song. The song she refused to take, the song that ended her once fresh career.

Jieun felt the disappointment she felt years ago. She then found herself thinking of scenarios that could have happened if she wasn't as stubborn as she was that time.

Yoongi stared at the girl sleeping soundly at the passenger seat. It has been twenty minutes since they reached her place, but Yoongi is conflicted on whether or not to wake her up. She looked tired, but beautiful.

She never changed, Yoongi thought.

Taking off his coat, Yoongi wrapped them carefully around Jieun. Outside was freezing and he didn't want the lady to feel cold in his car.

Few seconds later, Jieun woke up confused. She looked at the person beside her who was smiling the sweetest smile. Jieun almost forgot who the handsome man was in her life.

"I fell asleep."

"Yeah."

Yoongi was lost for words again. He was a little scared of what Jieun would say now that she found herself asleep in his car.

"How did you...?" Jieun looked outside the window and pointed at her apartment.

"I called Yijeong. I asked for the direction. I tried waking you up, but I failed."

Jieun was embarassed of the situation. She had no idea why she started dozing off on the way home.

"Oh. How long have I been sleeping?"

"Just a few minutes." Yoongi lied.

Jieun found herself wrapped in Yoongi's coat. She could imagine how cold Yoongi felt without it to keep him warm. Flustered, she took them off and returned them to him.

"Thank you for the ride." Jieun gave him a soft smile.

"It's alright." Yoongi smiled back.

Before Jieun could leave, he reached at the back seat to get something.

"For you." He spoke softly, almost inaudible. "I forgot to bring it earlier at the restaurant."

Jieun was surprised to see a bouquet of pretty blue roses handed to her. How did he know her favorite? Right, of course it's Yijeong.

"Thank you. Yijeong could've told you to give me a less obvious one." Jieun stepped out of the car and walked straight to her apartment.

Yoongi was left alone and wondering.

"What the hell was she thinking?"

***

It's Christmas day! We've been given two lovely presents from BTS: Christmas Love and Snow Flower. The songs were soooo beautiful I was inspired to write few more chapters❤️

Wishing everyone reading this a wonderful  and joyful Christmas day🎄✨

a/n: I made some changes for this chapter (like the date of the flashback) for the story to make sense. Apologies for future errors. I usually forget about what I wrote so I have to check it again😥