Thirty-nine

"I can't believe this place still exists!" Jieun's eyes sparkled out of excitement when they reached the arcade. The games reminded her of her younger self and the carefree days she used to spend with Yoongi and Yijeong.

"I don't know why you picked this idea, Yoons, but I think this is plain stupid. You know how Jieun would beat us in every arcade game in here...except for basketball, of course."

"Hey, I asked you to come with me to boost my confidence. Why are you becoming a pessimist now?" Yoongi smirked. "I think it's just fair." He crossed his arm in front of his chest. "Jieunie, you choose the two games that you're best at. You win them both, I'll let you decide what to do with the song. But if you lose one, our final match would be basketball. Whoever wins it will have the power to decide."

"Hmm. Fair enough." Jieun was confident that she would win whatever game she would choose. She decided to go for her favorites, air hockey and car racing.

Jieun won the first game easily, but unfortunately, Yoongi defeated her in racing. She had no choice but to play basketball, hoping that the angels will help her win the game.

"Don't worry, noona. You can do it. You just have to focus on your shots...and don't panic." Beomgyu pretended to support his sister. He secretly wanted Yoongi to win because he also wanted Jieun to sing and perform again.

Both prepared themselves for the final game as if it was some sort of an olympic competition. Following Beomgyu's advice, Jieun calmed herself and kept her focus. Yoongi however was sweating, feeling much anxious than he was earlier.

"Alright, you ready guys?" Yijeong positioned himself between the two opponents.

The two nodded at the same time. When Yijeong gave the signal to start, they wasted no time and played the game that will determine their song's future.

It took them few minutes to finish the game and when both looked up to finally check their scores, Jieun shouted and jumped all her might. She won by a single point ahead of Yoongi—something nobody ever expected to happen.

Instead of sulking, Yoongi smiled happily at the sight of the cheerful lady who was now dancing out of happiness. He suddenly remembered those days when they would spend all their weekends at the arcade and Jieun would always win the bet. The prize? Two scoops of mint choco ice cream.

"That was a close fight! I told you you can do it, noona!" Beomgyu was also doing his tiny jump, amazed at how his sister won against Yoongi who was really good with the game.

"Alright, it's time for you to claim your prize, Jieunie. You get to decide what to do with your song." Yijeong hushed the siblings who were still going chaotic over winning. The other kids at the arcade were already watching them, making Yijeong very embarassed.

Yoongi approached Jieun and offered a high five which the latter gladly accepted. "Congratulations, Jieun. Now, let's make everything final. We don't have much time to prepare. But I already sent Suran noona the demo so she could study it."

"Yoongi, why are you in a rush? I won right? Let me decide."

"I...I just wanna help, Jieunie. I knew then that you won't agree with noona's suggestion so I prepared beforehand plan B."

Jieun chuckled, making the three men confused. "You're really a great boss."

"Aish don't make fun of me. Let's just schedule noona's recording then we're all set."

"Nope."

Again, the three looked at Jieun with confused expressions.

"Suran-ssi's not gonna do it."

"What? Why? Are you saying that we're gonna cancel the song?" Yijeong was starting to overreact.

"Heyy, I told you guys to let me decide. Give the winner some time to talk."

The three stopped chattering. They even stopped moving and stood still, patiently waiting for Jieun's words.

"I'll do it. I will sing the song."

The trio still stood still, surprised expressions fixed on their face. Few seconds passed and finally, the words Jieun had said sank in.

"On one condition."

***
a/n: My inspiration for this chapter was that one Run BTS episode where they played arcade games. I even chose the same games they played😅

Anyway, I'm heading to bed now. I just went online to update the story. Goodnight!🌜💖