Twenty-five

It has been two weeks since Beomgyu started working at Genius Lab. He was being trained by Yoongi and Yijeong with song production, something that Beomgyu has been wanting to learn.

"Hyung, how does this seem so easy for you? I mean working on a song is something I've been wishing to do, but I can't believe it's this difficult."

"If you love what you're doing, you won't be thinking of it as a difficult task. Of course, it's not always fun and chill. There are times when I also experience musician's block."

"What do you do when that happens?"

"I sleep. A lot."

"Wow. You're just like noona. She also sleeps when she's stressed with work."

"Does she gets stressed often?" There was a slight concern in Yoongi's voice.

"Not that much, maybe sometimes. I mean noona is really good with songwriting. Just like how good you are in producing."

Yoongi couldn't hide his smile when Beomgyu complimented him. "You'll be good too, someday. Just keep going and don't stop learning."

"That's why I'm so lucky that I have the best mentors ever. Thank you, hyung!"

Their great conversation was interrupted by the noise they heard outside Yoongi's office. They thought that there was an emergency since they could hear the shrieking and shouting from the female trainees in their building. They rushed outside to check what the commotion was all about.

"Wait, it's him again." Beomgyu's eyes followed the source of the fuss.

"Who is it?"

"That singer. We met few days ago. Noona said he used to work with her."

Yoongi was curious who that person was and why he was in the building. He was about to take a closer look when the Yijeong appeared out of nowhere, dragging the person who caused the sudden turmoil. They panicked and ran their way to Yijeong's office where Yoongi took a good look at the man who was with them. He finally recognized him.

"That was crazy!" Yijeong wiped the sweat on his forehead. "You've become really famous now."

"Hyung, I'm not. Maybe they were just surprised. I was very surprised too. I went here without any idea that there were already many staff and trainees in your team."

"Well, things have gone better. Thanks to people like you who trusted us from the beginning."

The two seemed to forget that they were not the only persons in the room. They found Yoongi and Beomgyu awkwardly watching the entire conversation.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry I got so excited." Yijeong approached Yoongi. "Yoongi bro, I would like you to meet Jungkook. Remember him?"

"Of course." Yoongi offered his hand to Jungkook. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Suga-ssi! I've been waiting for this day to come. There's so many things I want to tell you." Jungkook felt shy meeting one of persons he looked up to. "I'm very thankful for the opportunity you gave me to work with Genius Lab. Thank you for believing in me."

"No, we should be the one thanking you. You were very patient with us. You helped us step up in this industry."

"Ah, it's really nothing. You guys inspired me so much. Thank you Yijoung hyung, thank you Suga-ssi."

"You can call me hyung too. It sounds much better."

"Okay, Suga hyung. Thank you." Jungkook was very happy that he finally met one of the reasons for his success. Although Jieun was the one who discovered him and brought him to the limelight, it was still Yoongi who gave the final approval for his debut. He felt so lucky that he chose the right people to help him reach his dreams.