Thirty-one

Over a week has passed and the song that Jieun and Yoongi prepared for was ready. Together with Jungkook and Suran, they gathered at Yoongi's studio to listen to the sample.

"What do you guys think?" Yoongi swiveled his chair to face the two singers.

"This is just so beautiful!" Suran exclaimed. "I don't know if I can do justice singing this."

Meanwhile, Jungkook was initially speechless. He was still trying to absorb everything.

"It's perfect." He finally uttered. The two musicians felt relieved.

"By the way, who sang this?" Suran suddenly got curious.

"It's Jieun-ssi's voice." There was pride in Yoongi's voice.

Suran found it too cute to see Yoongi acting so supportive of Jieun. "You should sing often. Your voice is so angelic! Are you sure you want me to sing this song? I mean you would sound better than me."

"I don't sing much anymore. Besides, it's part of my work so I really had to record it." Jieun was flattered, but she avoided any form of joyful expression. She still doesn't like Suran.

"So guys, is this good or do you still need to give some final touches?"

"Hyung, it's already perfect. We don't need to add anything. We just have to sing perfectly too." Jungkook's eyes were filled with excitement. "Good job, Jieun-ssi!"

Jieun was glad that the singers loved her song. She really worked hard on it and it's a relief that they see the song as a perfect piece.

She was stunned when Suran suddenly grabbed her arm and announced something.

"Okay, we'll study the song and record it as soon as possible. But for now, let's celebrate first. My treat!"

Out of politeness and gratefulness, Jieun had no choice but to go with the group. Suran decided to celebrate at a bar owned by her bestfriend. She and Jieun went together while the two men used Yoongi's car.

On their way to the bar, Jieun felt uncomfortable alone beside the driving lady. She wanted to say something to at least break the silence, but she couldn't seem to find any words to speak.

"Are you okay, Jieun-ssi?" Suran finally noticed Jieun's uneasiness.

"Yes, I'm okay." Jieun's voice was almost inaudible.

"By the way, since the boys are not here, I want to take this chance to personally talk to you."

Jieun got tensed, but the female's sweet voice made her loosen up.

"Thank you for giving me this chance." She continued, eyes glued on the road. "We both know that JK is famous worldwide. But me, I'm a star losing my glow. I've been in the industry for many years and sucess is not sweet to me anymore."

Jieun was reminded of her past when she was still famous and successful. She could somehow relate to Suran's words.

"When Yoongi gave me his song, I was a bit hesitant. I was scared to take the risk because I was just starting my career back then. But when he shared to me everything that he went through in his life, I learned that it's better to try than regret not trying at all. I trusted him with my future. In turn, he saved me."

"You're lucky. And you're smart enough to consider taking the risk. I was the complete opposite of you. I was a coward so I ended up losing everything I worked hard on." Jieun felt the pain on her chest. She never opened up to anybody before except to Yijoung.

"Jieun-ssi, I think all those hardwork were not put into waste. You may have failed in the past but that's not important anymore. What matters is that you got up and stepped forward. Look at you now. You make wonderful songs that people love."