Two

There's no much time left. After taking a shower, Jieun rushed to her dresser and picked the most decent clothes she could find. She scolded herself for not having enough to choose from and ended up wearing a floral summer dress.

"Great. Now I look like I'm going to a picnic in the park."

She proceed to fix her hair and put on a light blush and lipstick. And of course, her contacts. It's not like she's trying to look pretty for her date. She just wanted to get rid of her eyeglasses for a moment.

Five minutes before six, she was ready to leave. The taxi she booked was now waiting outside of her apartment. Grabbing her coat and keys, she took a deep breath before heading out the door.

"You can do this, Jieun."

"Chill, bro. She's going to wait. I guaranty you that." Yijeong looked at the clock by his table.

It's 5:57 p.m. Jieun's gonna kill him.

"I never thought that the streets will be busy now. I'm stuck in here. There's no way I can reach the place on time."

"I'm sorry. I forgot that were gone for a long time. You thought that this place will still be the same old town you were once familiar with." Yijeong can't help but smile. "Don't worry, Yoongi. Ji-...ah your date can wait. I'll call her for you."

Yoongi just left out a deep and heavy sigh. He had no other option but to wait for the heavy traffic to move. The snow covered path is not helping him either. Taking a look at the busy street, he felt this ironic feeling of nostalgia and unfamiliarity.

He used to call this place his home. But now, he can barely find the stores and buildings which reminded him of his youth. So much has changed since he left nine years ago. He got lost in his thought, thinking about the fond memories he had, especially that one particular moment he kept on remembering.

It was when the car behind him started honking like crazy that he stopped reminiscing.

"Time to move, buddy." He commanded his car.

"Before you kill me, I need you to listen first." Jieun can feel the panic in Yijeong's voice. Whatever his reason is, she's not gonna buy it. Jieun promised to herself.

"He's on his way now, Jieun. I'm sorry I forgot to tell him to drive early. He's not familiar with the streets anymore."

"Not familiar?" Jieun got curious upon hearing her best friend's explanation.

"Yeah. He's new here. I mean he used to live here, but he transfered abroad so..."

She wasn't supposed to roll her eyes again, but she can't help it. She was getting so annoyed.

"Jang Yijeong, are you sure you know this man? I'm gonna leave. I've been waiting in here for almost thirty minutes now!"

"Come on, Jieun. It's not like you're always early at work. Or at our appointments." He stopped speaking when he realized that he shouldn't have said those words.

That's it. That's the sign for her to go home. Jieun was getting mad over this unknown guy making her wait and now she's even angry with what her bestfriend just told her.

She was about leave the fancy table when she noticed a fine man in his coat walking towards her.

Their eyes met.

Yoongi was being lead to the table where Jieun was.

"Oh, shit." Yoongi stopped taking his step.

"Well, shit." Jieun froze.

They both realized that were doomed.