Forty-five

"I think Jieun will love the idea, noona. But we both know that she'll refuse once she knows that she has to perform in front of the crowd."

"Please convince her to do it for us. I know its a bit too much, but I hope she'll consider this one."

"Okay, I'll try. I'll talk to her later. Who knows, she might accept your request."

"I have a good feeling that she will. After all, we're kinda close now."

Yoongi was surprised. He never knew that Jieun was already getting along with Suran.

"You're friends now?"

"Yeah. We're good friends now. And uhm, I kinda know about what's going on between you two." Suran giggled on the other line. "Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me."

He was left speechless after Suran ended the call. He never thought that Jieun would be the first one to reveal their secret to another person...and to Suran, of all the people.

"Yoongi-ssi, do you think it's possible to give the final output of Jimin-ssi's album next week?"

Yoongi's thoughts were interrupted when Jieun appeared at his office carrying folders and two cups of iced americano. She gave one to Yoongi and settled beside him.

Jieun noticed Yoongi looking confused, with his phone still held close to his ear. She looked around, making sure that there's no one else at the office before holding his hand. "Yoongi-ah, what's wrong?"

Yoongi faced Jieun when he heard her question. "I was talking to Suran noona earlier...and she told me something."

Jieun knew this was going to happen. She didn't ask Suran not to tell Yoongi since she thought it would be okay if he finds out. But seeing her boyfriend's straight expression made her regret her decision.

"Jieunie, I thought you wanted to keep it a secret."

"I do, Yoongi. But..." Jieun was nervous, thinking that Yoongi would not understand her. "I really needed someone to talk to. I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings to someone."

"But why noona? I thought you don't like her."

"That was before. Maybe I was just jealous because you're so close to her. But we met one time and had coffee and I just found myself opening up to her. I realized I badly needed somebody to listen to me and talking with Suran unnie made me feel a lot better."

"Feel better about what?"

"About us. I have been overthinking, worrying that I might not be good for you. I was also scared about keeping this secret relationship. I don't know. I was really confused. But when unnie talked to me, I felt like all my questions have been answered."

"Why didn't you tell me? I understand why you decided to open up with noona, but don't you think it would make you feel better if you opened up to me as well?" Yoongi sighed. "I'm your boyfriend and if there's something you've been worrying, specially if it's about us, I should be the first one to know."

"I'm sorry, Yoongi. I was just confused. And you were very busy so I thought it would be best not to bother you anymore. Besides, it was just my own thoughts. I know better now."

Yoongi took a deep breath before kissing the back of Jieun's hand. "Don't feel sorry. I understand you, Jieun. But please, if something's troubling you, tell me. Don't hesitate to talk to me. I want us to work. I want what we have to stay forever and I'll do everything just to make you feel secured. You have to trust me, you have to trust us."

Jieun gave him a shy smile before resting her head on his shoulder. "I'll do better, Yoongi. I promise. And don't worry, Suran unnie said she'll keep our secret safe. I think I could trust her words."

"Yeah, of course we could trust her. She didn't reveal my feelings for you, remember?"

They both laughed lightly after recalling their past. Jieun was relieved that Yoongi completely understood her. Indeed, she was lucky to have him as her boyfriend.

"By the way, noona asked me to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Do you remember Namjoon-ssi?"

"The bar owner?"

"Yeah. He's got a new restaurant beside his bar and he was wondering if it's okay to invite you to perform for its opening next month. Noona said two or three songs will do."

Jieun sighed. "Yoongi, you know that I'm not ready to sing in front of people yet."

"I know, I know. I also told noona about that. I was just taking my chance. I was thinking that maybe, you've already changed your mind." Yoongi took the folders Jieun was holding earlier, then scanned the papers filed in it unconsciously. "They'd totally understand if you can't accept their request. No pressure."

"I wish I could. I mean, unnie had been very nice to me. She really helped me clear my mind. But I'm not confident enough to step on stage and sing my songs."

"It's okay, Jieunie. I'll just tell them right away so they could find another singer."

"Thank you, Yoongi." Jieun lightly kissed Yoongi's cheek before she left and head back to her studio.

-

Eight has been doing great. The song has been played on the radio and it received good feedbacks over the internet. Also, and the team's project was almost coming to an end. Jimin was done with the recording and Yoongi and Yijeong were left busy with arranging the songs. So far, everything was doing great.

When the two producers finished their tasks, Yoongi gathered the team for their final meeting for the album. Everyone was excited for its release.

"This is it, guys. We've already finalized the album." Yijeong announced before starting to play the tracks.

They were all satisfied with the result of their hardwork. Yoongi congratulated everyone and promised to give them a well-deserved vacation once their schedule becomes free.

"This calls for a celebration!" Hoseok cheered. Taehyung agreed with him, both doing their weird dance out of excitement.

Eunha pulled the two to their seats. "Not too fast, though. We still have to meet with Jimin-ssi. He said he'll personally check the final output."

Yoongi agreed. "Yes. He called to tell me that he'll drop by this afternoon. We'll give him the album he's been excited about."

***

a/n: I was supposed to upload earlier but I got busy watching Hobi's live😅 Anyway, happy birthday my sunshine! You always make me happy. I wish you more smiles this year💜

 I wish you more smiles this year💜