Twenty-four

Jieun was on her way to Yijeong's studio when she heard a familiar voice. Following where the conversation came from, she found herself looking at her very own brother, together with Yijeong, Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Beomgyu? Why are you here?"

"Noona!" He was not prepared to see his sister that very moment, so Beomgyu hid behind Yijeong like he always do.

"Yijeong, care to explain?" Jieun was now after her bestfriend.

Yijoung was searching for words that would not piss her off. However, Yoongi interrupted him and explained the situation himself.

"Jieun-ssi, Beomgyu will be working with us part-time beginning today."

"What?"

"We hired him as our intern. We really need someone to assist us, Jieunie." Yijoung was speaking gently to avoid any conflict.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember giving my consent to this."

"I think he doesn't need your consent, Jieun-ssi. He's already nineteen. He can decide on his own." Yoongi was doing his best to defend Beomgyu. The latter just stared, amazed at how the man could handle his stubborn sister.

"He lives with me. He's my responsibility. Therefore, my consent is a must."

"But Jieun-ssi—"

"Min Suga, if you're going to insist further, I guess I have no choice but to leave."

"Woah, woah. Chill, noona!" Hoseok was just listening to the arguments until he couldn't stand them anymore. "Let the boy talk. Convince her, kid."

Beomgyu nodded. He wanted the opportunity so much, but he was too scared to take a risk. However, he knew how much he will be regretting if he would just let everything go.

"Noona, you know how much I love music. And I know that it's not only me. I grew up watching you sing at every singing contest that you joined. I stayed up late at night just to help you write the chords to your compositions. You taught me how to play the guitar. You inspired me to improve singing. I even joined a band! I looked up to you so much and what I am now, is because you inspired me to be passionate about things I love. Why is it so hard for you to give me a chance with what I love doing?"

"Because it's not as easy as you think, Beomgyu. I don't want you to waste your youth over something that could hurt you in the end."

"Why would music hurt me? Noona, music has been my source of happiness. Since the day you left, music was all that I got. Music was the only one that stayed.

Jieun was speechless. She felt sad for her brother who's only source of comfort was music. But she didn't want him to experience what she went through before.

It was like everyone was waiting for someone to speak. The silence was almost unbearable. That was when Yoongi did the unexpected. He knelt on one knee, facing Jieun.

"Yoongi, what the hell?!"

"I am not getting up until you allow Beomgyu to work with us. Come on, can't you see how much he wants this? Please give him a chance."

"You're stupid. Get up."

"Call me stupid or anything you want, but I'm firm with my decision. I'm not going anywhere."

Beomgyu and Hoseok were both stupefied with what they were witnessing. Yijeong, on the other hand, once again captured a crazy frame with his phone camera.

"Noona, please. Hyungnim just wants your consent. This is getting weird now." Hoseok was worried that the people in their building might get the wrong idea of what they see.

Beomgyu also joined the plea. "Noona, don't do this to hyung."

"But I'm not doing anything. That's his own will."

"Aish, how can you be so stubborn, Jieun?" Finally, Yijeong has become impatient. "Yoongi, get up. I'll take care of this."

"Fine!" Jieun gave up. The four men looked at Jieun in sync. "Beomgyu, do whatever you like. Just please, be careful with your actions. This world is too harsh for you. I just don't want you to get hurt."

Beomgyu's heart seemed to melt with how caring his sister was, and how she could never say no to him. He hugged Jieun to show how thankful he was. "I love you, noona. I promise, I'll do my best. I won't let you down."

"Don't worry Jieun-ssi. I will take care of Beomgyu."

Yoongi's reassuring smile was enough to make her feel calm. Damn I hate this.

Jieun pretended not to care. She would never let her guard down.

"So, did Jieun say yes?" Yijeong interrupted, waving his phone with the photo of kneeling Yoongi on display, looking like he was proposing to Jieun.

Jieun has gone furious with what she saw.

"JANG YIJEONG!!!"