Twenty-one

It was Monday and finally, Jieun decided to go back to work since she was sure that she had a lot of things to make up to.

"Jieun-ssi, welcome back!" A happy voice met her upon entering the building.

"Taehyung! It's nice to see you again! How are you?"

"Work's been tough lately. But it's okay because good news keep on coming. I think this year belongs to us."

"That's good. We just have to work a little harder."

The two walked together on their way to their studios. Taehyung and Jieun were part of the team who started Genius Lab. They witnessed and experienced all the difficulties together with Yijeong before they slowly became successful. To date, there is already a larger number of staff who consider them as seniors.

Hoseok, the last one to join the founding team, was also on his way to his studio when he saw Jieun and Taehyung. "Look who's back!" He approached Jieun and gave her a big hug.

"Hobi, I missed you!"

"Hey, you missed hyung but not me?" Taehyung pouted.

"Sucks to be you." Hoseok smirked.

Jieun ruffled Taeyhung's hair. "Of course, I missed you too, Tae. I missed you both. I missed everyone, actually!"

"So does it mean that you missed hyungnim too?" Hoseok asked Jieun with a teasing tone.

Before Jieun could answer, they were greeted by the man subject of Hoseok's question.

"Good morning, guys. Good morning, Jieun-ssi." He made sure that the lady could hear him loud and clear.

Jieun just made a tiny nod and walked away, leaving the three men astounded.

"Jieun, you're back! You should've called me earlier. I could have picked you up at your apartment." Yijeong headed straight to Jieun's studio once he heard that Jieun already resumed to work.

"You don't have to, Yijeong." Jieun smiled. Somehow, she already got over her annoyance towards her bestfriend. Besides, she wanted to focus on her job and she knew that being on bad terms with him would just affect their work.

"How are you feeling? I hope you're completely better now. We really have lots of things to do."

"I'm okay now. And yes, we have lots to do so we better start while it's still early. Let's talk later, okay?"

"Oh, sure. See you later, Jieunie." Yijeong was close to leaving when he remembered something. "By the way, Yoongi asked me to tell you to drop by at his office if you have time."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He didn't tell me."

"I'm not going, then."

"Aish. Jieun, don't be stubborn. He's still your boss. Just do what I told you, okay?"

Jieun just rolled her eyes. Feeling defeated, Yijoung just left the studio. After sensing that she was alone, Jieun began sorting her tasks in preparation for the long work days ahead. She was so focused that she forgot to notice the time. She only took a break when Eunha, Jieun's one and only female workmate, took a peek by her studio's door and invited her to eat some lunch.

"Pick anything you want, unnie. It's my treat."

"Did I just hear your treat?" Hoseok and Taehyung sneaked behind the two ladies while checking the menu at the cafeteria.

"Uhm sorry, but I'm only talking to unnie." Eunha ignored the two men who were already following them.

"Eunha-ssi, you're so unfair, we're also your workmates." Taehyung frowned, hoping that Eunha would change her mind.