Forty-two

Another week, another busy schedule for the team. They were on the process of finalizing Jimin's album and at the same time, Jieun and Yoongi were getting ready for the release of their song. In connection with their projects, Yoongi called them in for another meeting.

"So here's our tentative schedule. We'll record the single on Wednesday; on Thursday, Jimin-ssi requested for a meeting with the team. By Friday, we have to polish each and every song for the album. By next week, after Yijeong finalizes Jieun's song, we can schedule its release."

"It's not only my song. It's yours too." Jieun interrupted.

The team agreed. Yoongi felt shy again with all the attention he was getting, but he tried to give his best smile and continued speaking. "I guess you're right, Jieun-ssi."

"I really hope this song will become a hit. I mean it's very beautiful. Everyone will love it." Yijeong commented while scribbling the schedule on his planner.

"There's no doubt that the song will become popular. I'm really excited for Jieun-ssi." Taehyung added.

"Everyone, let's do this!" Jieun cheered happily.

The team was hyping up Jieun and Yoongi.

"Fighting!"

Wednesday came—the day when Jieun and Yoongi were scheduled for the recording. Everything was all set, except for Yoongi who seemed to be more anxious than the usual.

"Yoons, calm down. It's not like we're gonna go on stage and perform. It's just a recording." Yijeong tried to cheer his friend.

Unknown to them, Jieun was also feeling extremely nervous...she remembered the times when she would be at the studio to record her songs. She used to be so confident, but after her past failure, she seemed to lose her self-esteem.

Yoongi noticed Jieun at the corner, quiet and fidgetting. He approached the lady with a smile on his face. He seemed to forget how anxious he felt earlier as he got closer to the lady.

"You okay?"

Jieun didn't answer. Instead, she just looked at Yoongi with her small puppy eyes. The man knew exactly what she meant with those eyes. She was scared.

Checking to see where Yijeong was and finding him busy checking the computer, he secretly took Jieun's hand and held it tight close to his chest.

"I'm here, okay? No need to be scared."

Jieun softly smiled, whispering a tiny 'thank you'. They let go when they heard Yijeong getting up from his seat.

"Alright, love birds. Let's go."

The two were surprised with Yijeong's words. He knew nothing, right?

"Chill. I'm just joking. You guys looked so fucking tensed." Yijeong let out a loud chuckle. "Loosen up. This is nothing new to you both."

They felt relieved at the thought that their friend was still clueless about their secret. But not long after thay, they felt nervous again, thinking of how they could make the song perfect. Yoongi looked at Jieun and gave her the warmest smile that he could. Somehow, Jieun felt comforted.

They started recording Jieun's vocals which took longer because she kept on starting over out of her nervousness. She only felt better after a few tries and after she saw Yoongi at the other side of the studio doing his tiny wiggle dance, cheering her up.

After Jieun finished her part, it was Yoongi's turn. All the anxiety he was feeling was gone and replaced with excitement. In just two tries, he completed his part.