One

"I don't feel good, Yijeong. Can we just set this some other t-"

"Nope!" Yijeong snapped.

"Do I really have to do this? Why am I being punished?"

Jieun was almost close to crying. She's on her phone, talking to her bestfriend, pleading and convincing him for almost an hour.

"Jieun, you agreed with this, right? And it's not even a punishment. Please, just today. You know how important this day is." Yijeong started speaking softly. He needed to hear a 'yes' from her as soon as possible.

"Well we can find another way. Maybe I can look for Sooyoung and talk to her. Bring her back to you."

There was a long silence.

"It's over, Jieun. There's no one to bring back anymore. Sooyoung left and who knows where she went."

"I'm sorry for reminding you of her." Jieun suddenly felt the sadness in his voice. She finally gave up. "Okay, I'll do it."

"Really?!" His voice instantly shifted to a cheerful tone.

"Yes. Besides, I owe you one. Oh, not one but many. I can't say no to you at all."

"Thank you Jieun! I swear this will be one of the days you'll never forget. I know you'll like him."

Jieun rolled her eyes. She just couldn't understand why she had to get dragged into this trouble. Apparently, her bestfriend set her up on a blind date.

"Can you at least tell me who this guy is? What if he's a serial killer or a fraud? I need to be ready at least."

"Seriously, Jieun? You don't trust me now, huh? I can't tell you anything about him. Maybe only this one little hint. He's the male version of you. So there's nothing to worry about 'cause you'll feel like you're dating yourself." Yijeong assured her.

"That's weird. One last question." Jieun is still not getting it at all. "Why can't you just cancel that stupid reservation? I mean it's supposed to be you and your girlfriend's anniversary date. It probably costs much for a lame blind date."

"EX girlfriend." Yijeong stressed. "That's exactly why. It was supposed to be a happy day. If I can't be happy now, I wanted someone to be happy at least. And when I say someone, of course, my priority is you. And why worry about the cost? I already paid it. All you have to do is eat and spend time with your date."

For the nth time, Jieun rolled her eyes. She can't take it anymore.

"Aww. That's so sweet of you. But what the fuck?! Why did you even think that a blind date can make me happy?!"

There was a chuckle on the other line. "You'll see baby girl. You'll see."

There was silence again. It was after a while that Jieun realized that Yijeong already hung up.

"Aish this bully!" She almost threw her phone but stopped when she saw the time. It's five in the afternoon. A small sound from the phone followed, prompting her to check the unopened text message.

Bully Yijeongie: The dinner's at six. Hurry up, you can't be late.

Pretty Jieunie: OF COURSE.

Jieun gave her final eye roll for the day. Or so she thought.

***
Just a short start before anything else. I hope I can keep up with my writing and update on a regular basis. Have a nice day, everyone!💓