Forty-four

A week after they finalized the song, Genius Lab released Eight. They decided to drop it by surprise and without any promotion. They knew the risk they took was huge, but Yoongi was hopeful that their strategy would result into a great feedback.

Jieun was so anxious that she refused to watch the lyric video Eunha produced for the song. She didn't want to see the view count and the comments that the song could possibly receive.

"This is so nerve-wrecking. We just released a single without any warning, and knowing that our channel has gained many subscribers because of Jimin-ssi's announcement of his collaboration with us, I don't know what kind of comments to expect."

"Jieunie, will you relax? So far, the views are doing great and the comments, well...they're okay. The only negative comments here say that it's a click bait. They probably thought it was Jimin-ssi's song already." Yijeong chuckled. "But the others are sweet. Even fans of Jimin-ssi began asking about you."

"Wait. This one's very interesting. Noona, listen to this." Beomgyu read the comment out loud.

"Is this for real? Is this the same voice I used to listen to almost twelve years ago? Lee Jieun, the singer I missed the most. Somebody wake me up coz I think I'm just dreaming. This is a big surprise to me and to her fans. I'm so happy to find your music again. Thank you so much for coming back our dear Jieun! Please make more songs. We wish to meet you soon!"

Jieun couldn't believe what she just heard. She even had to check and read the comment herself just to be convinced that it was real. She was lost for words. All these time, she thought that nobody missed her when she quit singing. That one simple comment was all it took for her to gain back the self-esteem she lost long ago.

"I told you, Jieun. You did great. You worked hard for this and look, it's receiving all the love that our song deserves." Yoongi's warm smile made Jieun feel complete. Finally, everything was slowly falling into its perfect place.

Jieun felt more than grateful. She began looking at more comments, ignoring the negative ones and appreciating all the good and sweet messages.

"Thank you so much guys." Jieun was close to tears again. "Thank you for believing in me. For trusting in me. I've been nothing but a liability but you gave me a chance to start over."

Yijeong and Yoongi looked at each other and then looked at Jieun who was already sobbing. Beomgyu joined the two when they gave her a tight hug which lasted for a while. Jieun couldn't ask for anything more with them by her side.

The success of Eight made it difficult for Jieun and Yoongi to spend time together by themselves. They had some interviews for magazines and gig offers, which they already refused due to their packed schedule. Aside from their own song, they were still busy with Jimin's album which was already on its recording phase. The two had no plan of showing themselves on public after they dropped the song. Their focus now was entirely on Jimin's album.

They would often go straight home exhausted after a long day at work. Yoongi would sometimes drive Jieun and Beomgyu home, but most of the days, Jieun would decline the offer just to avoid any suspicion on the side of her brother.

It was almost ten in the evening and Jieun was getting ready to take her much needed sleep. This was the first time after a very long time that she had a lighter schedule and the idea of her enjoying longer slumber was filling up her mind. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted when her phone chimed. She checked to see Yoongi's message.

Min Suga: Look outside your room.

Jieun hurriedly ran to the window, opened her curtains and peeked through the glass. She was surprised to see Yoongi looking up at her, giving his soft and sweet smile.

"What are you doing here?" She managed to control her voice even though she was mentally freaking out.

Yoongi didn't speak, but made a sign asking if he could get inside her apartment. Jieun knew that Beomgyu loves to stay late, so she assumed that her brother was still downstairs, watching TV. She couldn't give any kind of excuse at this hour.

Jieun shook her head and gave Yoongi a sad pout. The man shrugged it off and slowly approached the walls of her apartment. Not long after, she found him attempting to climb up to her room.

Jieun panicked when she saw how Yoongi managed to reach the height of her room. She was having second thoughts on opening the window, but she was worried that Yoongi might fall, so she decided to let him get inside.

"Min Yoongi, are you crazy?" She was still whispering.

"Maybe I am." Yoongi joked around. "I just...I missed you so bad, Jieun." His gummy smile faded and a serious expression filled his face.

"I missed you too, Yoongi. But you know that we're so busy with work and there are so many things to fix. We can't just leave them on their own."

"I know. That's why I decided to visit you here."

"This late?"

"Well, we both have no choice." Yoongi stood closer to Jieun. He brushed the strands of hair covering Jieun's face, tucking then behind her ears. "I've been dying to hold you."

Jieun couldn't help but giggle in tiny. "Min Yoongi, why are you suddenly becoming romantic?"

Yoongi did not respond to her question. Instead, he stared into Jieun's sleepy eyes, cupped her small face and slowly gave her a kiss.

Jieun was stunned with such surprise. As far as she could remember, this was the first time that Yoongi initiated on kissing her. He was indeed becoming romantic, shaking off his shy side. She closed her eyes to taste the sweetness of Yoongi's kiss, then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Yoongi held Jieun with his arms hugging her waist. He had no plans of letting go soon. The soft, small kisses deepened into more passionate one. They found themselves drowning in their emotions, relishing every touch on their lips, with their hearts beating like crazy.

Yoongi managed to lead Jieun into her bed, gently laying her down on the soft fabric of her blanket. Without breaking their warm kisses, Yoongi stayed still, careful not to ruin the perfect moment.

As their kiss went deeper, Jieun lightly touched Yoongi's face as if trying to memorize every edges and curves of him. She stopped kissing him for a while to look into his eyes and whisper what she was feeling.

"I love you, Yoongi."

The words gave Yoongi butterflies as if it was the first time he heard those words. It still felt surreal.

"I love you more, Jieun. I love you so much."

Jieun gave her sweetest smile and locked her lips with his again. Every kiss they shared was filled with unexplainable feeling—something that was too good to be true. They didn't want the moment to end.

They must have felt tired and out of breath when Yoongi decided to lay beside Jieun. He gently held the small of her back while keeping his eyes fixed on hers.

Jieun let out a smile. "Are you happy?"

"I'm more than happy. Are you happy?"

"I've never been this happy in my life, Yoongi." She maintained her whispering voice. "I wish we could freeze this moment."

"Then let's freeze this moment. We could be snowman on a warm summer." Yoongi kissed Jieun's nose.

"You're crazy, Min Yoongi."

"Yeah. I'm crazy over you."

Jieun let out a small chuckle. "Yoongi-ah, when will you stop your cheesy lines?"

Yoongi stayed silent, smiling brightly while looking at Jieun. He kissed her once again before hugging her tight, burrying his head into the crook of her neck.

Jieun let Yoongi stay beside her for quite some time, just listening to his deep breath and calm heartbeat. Knowing that Yoongi was beside her made her feel at peace. She have never felt this safe and complete before.

***
a/n: I'm not sure if this is a good chapter. I really wanted them to have sweeter moments, but idk if what I wrote qualifies. Haha🙈 Anyway, I hope you're having a good day whild reading. Take care💙