Thirty-eight

The weekend swiftly passed and when Monday came, the team continued with their busy schedule. Jieun was thankful that she had so much stuff to work on, so she doesn't really have the time to think about everything that happened last Saturday. It was even a surprise that Beomgyu and Yijeong never thought of asking her about the date. All that was left for her to worry was their project with Jungkook and Suran...which happened to be the reason why Yoongi called the team for an emergency meeting.

"Guys, we just got a bad news."

Everyone's attention was at their boss who kept walking back and forth at the meeting room.

"As we all know, Jungkook and Suran are supposed to record their song this week. However, Jungkook backed out."

The team was surprised with the sudden announcement. It was indeed a bad news. Jieun knew this was gonna happen, but she didn't really expect that Jungkook would quit so easily.

"So what should we do now? Was Suran-ssi already informed about this?" Yijeong felt frustrated. They prioritized the release of the song and getting everything cancelled was the last thing they would ever want.

"Suran noona has no idea yet, but I'll visit her later and tell her about the situation. Maybe I can ask her to sing the song by herself. She's a great singer anyway."

"Wait. I'll try to talk to Jungkook. Excuse me for a minute." Jieun got up from her seat and took out her phone. She proceeded to the lobby and called Jungkook.

"Jieun-ssi?"

"Jungkook, how are you?"

"I'm doing good. I'm at the airport right now, waiting for my flight."

"What? Airport?"

"Yeah. I've decided to take a break for a month. Finally, the agency approved my request.

"But what about the song? You were supposed to record it this week."

"Suga hyung didn't tell you? I called him and asked if it's okay to cancel."

"Yeah, but you did not give him any explanation. And you should've told me too. I'm also part of the team."

"I'm sorry, Jieun-ssi. I think you know the reason why, and I can't just tell hyung about that. I'm not yet ready to work with you again, Jieun-ssi. I want to give myself some time to move on."

There was a short while of silence before Jungkook could speak again. "Anyway the song will sound good for Suran-ssi. She can do it alone. I hope you understand."

Jieun somehow felt guilty. She hurt Jungkook, but she also thought that their personal issues should not affect their work. In the end, she gave up and tried to accept the situation. It must have been difficult for Jungkook.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I understand. I hope you'll enjoy your break. You take care, okay?"

"Yes. You take care too. Bye, Jieun-ssi."

Jieun took a deep breath before heading back to the meeting room. She still had no idea how to explain everything to the team.

"I'm sorry guys, I did all that I could. Jungkook said he needed to take a break. He's on vacation starting today."

"What do we do now?" Hoseok whined in frustration.

"We have to tell Suran-ssi. She was expecting so much for this song." Yijoung was starting to feel pressured.

Yoongi was still looking chill. "Relax, guys. I'll talk to her. Let's just hope that she'll agree with me. Or else, our efforts will be put to waste.