Twenty-seven

"You look anxious, Yoongi. Relax!"

"I'm not anxious."

"Okay, fool yourself more."

It's been only five minutes since they arrived at the cafe and Yoongi was already getting uneasy. There's still no sight of the person they were waiting for.

"I think we should just leave." Yoongi was in the act of getting up from his seat when he saw Jieun enter the cafe.

Why does she look extra pretty today? His heart hurt a bit.

Yoongi ducked his head into the menu booklet he was holding when Jieun passed by their table. He made sure the lady won't see her.

"Oh, this is getting exciting! It's like we're in a spy movie or something."

"There's nothing exciting here. I think this is a very stupid decision." Yoongi felt a bit relieved that Jieun chose a seat where he could see her clearly without him being noticed.

Not long after Jieun arrived, a rushing Jungkook walked past Yoongi's table. He was late, obviously. But unlike the first "blind date" Yoongi had with her, Jieun was not looking annoyed. She was just calmly smiling when greeted by the young man.

Yoongi tried his best to eavesdrop to the conversation, but their table was distant and all he could hear was the music from the cafe's speakers. However, he was sure that whatever they were talking about is something interesting as Jieun was too focused listening to Jungkook.

"So, are we going to do something or what? Are you just gonna watch them the whole time?"

Yoongi got distracted. "Maybe? I don't know the next thing to do. I don't even know why I asked you to come here with me."

"Wanna know why?"

Yoongi lifted his head up to listen. But his eyes can't stop staring at the two who were enjoying their moment. They look like a good pair.

"It's because you were affected when Yijeong told you about the date. You wanted to figure out what they're gonna do, if Jieun will enjoy his company and how their date will end up. Am I right?"

"I don't know. I mean I don't even care about seeing them together."

"Really? You don't care? Come on, Yoongi. I'm not stupid. You obvioulsy like her. You still like Jieun after all these years. Wait. I think I have an idea."

Yoongi was too late to respond. He soon found himself alone at the table, waiting for something good to happen.

"Jieun-ssi? Hi! Remember me?"

Jieun was surprised to see a very familiar face greet her. How could she not remember her?

"Of course I do, Suran-ssi." She gave her forced smile.

"How are you? It's been quite some time since I last saw you."

"I'm okay. Thank you for asking." Jieun felt a bit uncomfortable so she decided to introduce Jungkook, just to say something. "By the way, this is Jungkook. Jungkook, Suran-ssi."

"Hi, Suran-ssi."

"Oh my gosh! JK?! No way! I'm a huge fan of yours!"

The young man's big smile appeared after seeing Suran's reaction. "Really? Thank you, Suran-ssi. I also love your songs...specially Wine."

Jieun discreetly rolled her eyes. Why do I have to hear that song title again?

"Speaking of Wine, I'm with producer-nim right now." Suran pointed at the clueless Yoongi who was busy with his phone.