thinking out loud

Song for this chapter: Thinking Out Loud

- Ed Sheeran

Grayson's arms are wrapped around my waist as we both stare out, watching the fireworks sparkle from above the Disney castle.
We'd eaten dinner and then came straight here, deciding to go on one ride before we made it over here to watch the fireworks. Grayson had bought me Minnie Mouse ears, ignoring my protests to go back into the shop to buy them while I was still debating buying them outside.
I had given him a scolding when he came out with them in his hands, not wanting him to spend any more money on me than he already had. Then he had just scolded me for not accepting his heartfelt gift and not appreciating him.

After he had successfully shut me up, he'd entwined out fingers and pulled me towards Space mountain, one of the rollercoasters. I wasn't big on fast rides but I had loved sitting next to Gray and squeezing his hand while I shut my eyes and screamed. I was easily peer pressured, despite it taking him a while to convince me to get on it.

After that we had gone to get snacks, me deciding to hold them while Grayson stood behind me with his arms around my waist as he opened his mouth for me to feed him popcorn.

I quickly hand him the box as I get my phone out to video the projections of Finding Nemo to send to Lydia as it was her favourite Disney movie - apparently she said she related to Dori on a personal level.
My boyfriend pulls me further into his chest, placing a kiss behind my ear as he watches the fireworks through my phone. Quickly saving to my Snapchat memories, I send the video to Lydia before turning around and placing a sweet kiss to Grayson's lips.

Once the fireworks are finished, Grayson casually threads his fingers through mine, pulling me in the direction of the rollercoasters, beaming with excitement. It was the childlike excitement that mesmerised me, my eyes keenly watching him as his eyes sparkled while dragging me.

"You do realise your legs are like twice the length of mine?" I ask, frowning at the fact I couldn't keep up with him.

"Am I going too fast for you?" He smirks down at me, a dimple making and appearance. My eyes zero in on the attractive feature, struggling to focus on anything else.

"Yes." I answer shortly, wrapping myself around him arm, "so unless you want to carry me, I'd suggest you slow down." I threaten him. The next second, he stops before kneeling in front of me and gesturing for me to get onto his back. "I was joking!" I exclaim, looking at the boy in front of me in amusement.

"Mount me." He orders.

"Not in public, Grayson." I smirk, and watch as his head snaps around to glare at me.