when you love someone

Song for this chapter: When You Love Someone

- James TW

Going back to normal life after the most amazing trip was proving to be more than difficult. With Christmas quickly approaching and therefore the music show, things were starting to get a little more than hectic in music class.

"Reece! You can't sing baby got back!" Grayson tells his best friend, "you can't even fucking sing." He adds, then throws an arm around my shoulder.

"Layla! Tell your boyfriend to stop being so mean to me."

"Stop being mean to him," I say in a monotone voice, concentrating on the music sheets as I attempt to adapt them for the piano.

"Baby, tell him that you agree with me." Grayson says, turning to face me with a sad expression that makes me melt every time. It's the eyes.

"Reece you could sing something more slower than baby got back." I suggest, scrunching my nose up, "or just play the guitar instrumental for baby got back." I suggest, hating when I see his expression fall.

"Yes!" He shouts, perking up, "that's such a good idea. I love you layls." He murmurs and gets up, planting a wet kiss on my cheek.

"Get off her." Grayson mutters when he hugs me for more than five seconds.

"No she's mine now."

"You wish." Grayson snorts.

"I have her best friend." Reece says smugly and immediately I start grinning.

"I'm jealous of that." I comment, and get pinched a moment later by a pouting Grayson. I giggle quietly before placing a brief kiss on his cheek after making sure no one was looking. Letting out a quiet hum, I finish arranging the chorus - it's taken me weeks to accomplish.

"You done?" Grayson says, wrapping an arm around me.

"Almost, I just have one more verse." I tell him, tapping the pencil against the table multiple times as I think. Grayson pushes the hair away from my shoulder and then begins to trail his fingers down my neck and shoulders.

"You'll sort it." He assures me. I let out a noise of agreement, I'm definitely finding it harder than usual to arrange this. I'm not sure if it's the emotional attachment to it that's making me struggle or the fact it's just hard for me to grasp. "I believe in you." He coos, kissing my neck.