power over me

Song for this chapter: Power Over Me

- Dermot Kennedy

I stumble into Chemistry two minutes late and after apologising profusely, I make my way to my seat at the back, separated from everyone else.

The door opens again two minutes later and Grayson walks in with a huge smirk on his face.

"I'm so sorry miss." He smiles with his teeth, making him handsome enough for someone to do anything for him. Screw him, I say.

He walks down towards the back row where his friends are waiting, but stops at my desk; he leaves a scrunched up piece of paper, before winking and then carrying on his way.

I'll pick you up at 7?

It says and I frown before scrunching it up, turning around in my chair and launching the paper at his head, once I'm sure Miss Harroway isn't looking in my direction. It lands at his feet as he begins to take a seat. He stops moving and straightens up as he sees what I threw.

When he picks it up and unravels it's, seeing that I wrote nothing he looks up at me in confusion.

Then he smirks.

"Yes, Layla. You may pick me up at 7. So, where are we going on our date then?" He questions, his voice loud enough to gain the attention of the whole class.

"T-that was-" I start, my jaw clenching in anger, before I come up with a way to get back at him. "Am I paying, or are you? I know you've been waiting to pay. Must be your desperation that attempts to throw money at situations in order to make up for what you haven't got." I taunt. His eyes glitter with amusement as he sucks in a loud, overdramatic gasp.

"Are you t-talking about my p-penis?" He fakes a stutter and my eyes go wide.

"What penis? You told me you didn't have one?" I fire back and he raises his eyebrows at me as some of his boys let out "oohs."

"You two, as romantic and sweet as your bickering is, please may you be quiet." Miss Harroway orders sarcastically and I nod obediently, turning back to the front.

"Miss?" Grayson's loud voice echoes across the room, when she gives him her attention he asks his question, "how do you get a girl to go on a date with you?" I let out a groan and rest my forehead on my desk, deeply pitying myself.

"Grand gestures always work. Now shut up and listen." She says, and carries on teaching but not before sending a wink in my direction.