ride

Song for this chapter: Ride

- Twenty One Pilots

The police leave, after we've concocted the full plan, plan b's, c's and d's included, to ensure mine and Lydia's full safety. Our plan is set to take place Friday as Lydia and I are making our way to another club opening. I was a bit shocked that the police are letting us freely go in there knowing that we are underage but they assure us that Rob will follow us to a place like that - where there are tons of drunk people who most likely won't see what he's doing.

And they're right. It is the perfect place for a slimy human such as Rob.

I sit on the couch, really tense as we wait for the boys to get here, and I can't help the constant shame of my leg - feeling super jittery.
Grayson isn't gonna be happy and I can imagine the arguments that are going to follow.
Lydia place her hand to stop my leg from moving, giving me a reassuring smile when I turn to face her.

"He's going to kill me." I say.

"Yeah." Lydia agrees, my eyebrows raise as I stare at her not expecting her to agree, "if only he could. He cares about you way too much to do that." She continues, making me roll my eyes.

"I don't wanna argue with him." I admit, softly biting my lip.

"This is the only way that asshole gets justice for what he did to you. Gray will get over it, he's going to have to." She tells me and rests her head on my shoulder.

A car pulls into the driveway and another pulls on to the sidewalk after.

"Fuck! They're here! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I screech, getting up from the couch abruptly.

"Ow! You broke my fucking neck, you inconsiderate asshole!" Lydia shouts at me, as she rubs her neck.

"You know what?" I ask myself as I start to pace back and forth. "I'm not scared. I'm a bad bitch, Grayson doesn't scare me."

The door opens and immediately I duck behind the coffee table.

"Tell him I died."

"Grayson!" Lydia calls, "Layla died." She deadpans. I stand up slowly, a glare on my face.

"Oh wow! Look she was resurrected." Lydia gasps, and rolls her eyes at me. "Some bad bitch, huh." She huffs, raising her eyebrows at me.

Grayson walks over to me and wraps me in a hug, making me stiffen. So now he wants to start acting normal? After he's ignored me all day?