all my friends

Song for this chapter: All My Friends

- AJ Mitchell

"Shotgun sharing a room with Layla." Lydia calls from the back.

"Too bad." Grayson tuts, "I shotgunned before you even got in the car."

"That's true." Reece backs him up, he was the first to be picked up, "guess you'll be stuck with me."

"And I'll get a whole room to myself." Myles sighs with a huge grin on his face. "So much space."

Grayson turns to me with a smirk, "is that okay with you, lil one?" He questions.

"Eh." Is all I comment, with a shrug, making him laugh. He squeezes my thigh with the hand that he's been resting there for the majority of the journey.
He looks even hotter than he normally does when he's driving and I find my gaze drifting to him multiple times. I do find it a bit unfair that he looks like that.
Lydia caught me almost drooling over the flexing of his abs when he honked at someone earlier, don't even get me started about the way his jaw clenched due to his anger and his right hand tightened around the stick.

Yeah, I almost died of heart palpitations. He's gorgeous.

"Layls skip please." Lydia orders. Letting out a sigh, I tilt my phone and skip the song. She orders me to skip a few more times before Kiss You comes on and she shuts up getting ready to scream the lyrics I assume. Grayson made a whole road trip playlist on his phone, and I can tell you with a huge smirk on my face that more than half the playlist is songs that I love. And a lot of it is one direction. He's a simp.

I even found a playlist called "lil one" and unless he calls another girl that - he has a whole playlist dedicated to just me. I didn't look at it, or mention it - not in front of our friends anyway.

Grayson opens my window, noticing me getting a little nauseous. I get a little car sick sometimes, it's nothing too bad but bad enough to make me not particularly like long car journeys, especially when I'm tired as I am now; I'm adamant that tiredness makes it worse.

"Thanks." I offer with a smile. Resting my head on the door, I try to block out Lydia's terrible singing - focusing only on my breathing to try and will the vomit to stay down. It never gets to that point but it always feels like it may happen.

"Here." Grayson reaches into the back to pass me his hoodie, "you can use it as a pillow." He offers. Smiling at him, I take it from his hands and prop it up on the door.

Strangely enough, I find myself closing my eyes and drifting off; Grayson's cologne surrounding me and comforting me in an odd way. I hear Grayson turn down the music and hush Lydia, clearly seeing my eyes closing.