sucker

Song for this chapter: sucker

- The Jonas Brothers

After breakfast on the seafront, sipping on orange juice in champagne glasses, Lyds and I make our way to the beach. I'm more than ready to get my tan on.

Finding a quiet spot on the beach, we place our towels down side-by-side. We strip off simultaneously, taking place of our layers off until we end up in just our bikinis. Lydia is wearing a matching bikini to me, only in white instead - which brings out her skin tone, dark olive and completely beautiful. I have a feeling she's gonna be even more of a knockout when she's tan. I'm sure a tan makes her baby blue eyes pop. Lucky.

"You wanna go for a swim?" Lyds asks after about half an hour, clearly finding the heat a little too much and finding herself in need of a cool down.

"Can we leave our stuff here?"

"We'll be able to see it from the sea." She responds, so I nod my head getting up to follow her.

As we walk past a small group of middle aged/older men, I feel my anxiousness start to creep up. A wolf whistle echoes and I turn to give the one responsible a killer death glare, and noice all four men looking at us - their eyes following us as we continue to walk.

"Get your boobs out!" One calls.

"Come join us." Another one adds. I stop moving completely, turning around. This isn't acceptable.

"We'll make it worth your while, darlings." After the final comment, I lose my temper.

"Fuck off. You're almost 50 years older than us and have the audacity to be calling things like that out at minors. We're 17 years old and shouldn't have to deal with the harassment from old perverted men like yourselves."

"Oh shut up, you feminazi and take the fucking compliment or I'll show you what harassment really is." One of them chuckles tauntingly. I hate society and patriarchal white men who are so entitled that they think catcalling is a compliment.

"It is not a compliment you old fart! And if you just threatened to touch me without my permission, that just makes you a fucking predator. Just because you're an entitled white man doesn't mean you can do what you want to woman's bodies! It also doesn't make me a "feminazi" sticking up for myself against men like you who think it's okay to shout things out about my body and make me feel uncomfortable. It's disgusting and you should be ashamed. Fucking assholes." With that, I grab Lydia's hand and storm off - absolutely furious. I hate men.