i choose

Song for this chapter: I choose

- Alessia Cara

The knife is going deeper and deeper, Brody's face above mine with that dangerous smirk on his lips. I'm shaking in fear, begging him not to kill me.

I see him towering over Connor, the knife repeatedly going into his chest.

Then Grayson.

Then Lydia.

Then my dad.

Reece.

Myles.

Everyone I love, their bodies lying around me. Brody crawls towards me, a sinister look in his eyes. He looks demented.

"Now you've watched me take away everything you love, you can't do anything but lie there as I do whatever I want to you."

I spring up screaming, tears falling freely down my cheeks. That can't be good for my healing throat.

"Hey. Hey. Hey." Grayson shushes as he very quickly grabs me and pulls me into his chest, humming in my ear to try and get me to calm down. "Shhh, you're fine. You're safe with me." He coos.

"I'm sorry." I cry. "I'm so sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry for, baby. Shh." I says and gently runs his fingers through my hair.

"I put you in danger." I sob into his chest as I wrap my arms around his neck. I'm straddling him as he sits upright, not making any sign to being uncomfortable in the slightest.

"Shhh." He soothes again, kissing my temple, then my cheek. "None of this is your fault, you have to see that."

He leans back, hushing me when I whimper; "it's fine, I'm not going anywhere." He assures, "I'm right here, just go to sleep." He whispers, brushing the hair away from my face.

"I'm sorry for waking you up."

"We really have to to work on you apologising for things that don't bother me." He tells me, still whispering. I cuddle into his neck, kissing him there quickly before wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

"Thank you." I say before I drift off to sleep on top of him, with him brushing his fingers through my hair.

When I wake up again, it's morning and my dad is sat in the chair next to me typing on his phone with my duffel bag in his lap.