incomplete

Song for this chapter: Incomplete

- James Bay

"Oh my gosh, how did this happen Lyds?" The nurse questions when she lays her eyes on the nasty bruise on Lydia's cheek. Her eyes flicker over to me and she gasps, pulling me over to the bed.

"The bitches did it, Angela." Lydia huffs, taking a seat on the chair in the corner of the room.

"I hate those three girls, bullies all of them." The nurse or 'Angela' shakes her head in disapproval. "Are you new?" She asks me.

"Yes, Miss. I'm Layla Greene." I introduce and she smiles at me before letting out a chuckle.

"You can call me Angela. Any friend of Lydia's can call me Angela." She tells me and I nod my head. She hands me a wet tissue and tells me to wipe my nose, to get rid of the dried blood on it. "Where does it hurt the most?"

"My head," a surge of uneasiness comes over me and I feel the urge to throw up, "yeah definitely my head." I say as I rush over to the bin in the corner of the room and be sick. Lydia rushes over and pulls my hair back quickly and rubs my back in efforts to comfort me.

"That's so gross." I mutter, scrunching up my face as the taste and smell of vomit is recognised by my senses.

"Wash your mouth with this and we'll call your parents to pick you up after I've bandaged you up." Angela says, as she hands me a plastic cup of water. I slowly nod my head, but then realise it's my dad's first day of work today too and he can't come and get me.

"No! I'm feeling a whole lot better-"

"I'll take her home on the way because I'm starting to feel really lightheaded." Lydia groans and raises a hand to her head. My eyes widen with concern and I begin to get off the bed to check on her.

"If you're feeling lightheaded, you can't drive." Angela says and Lydia hangs her head.

"We'll find my brother, he has a study period now." Lydia sighs.

"Cool. You go and ask him while I patch up your friend."

"How do you know she's my friend?" Lydia smirks and I scowl at her.

"Yeah we're not friends... look at her." I mumble looking Lydia up and down with a judgemental look on my face. She opens her mouth in overreacted shock.

"Shithead." She mumbles and I grin at her as she leaves the room to go and find Myles, grumbling as she does so.

"She's been through a lot of bullying at this school, I'm glad she finally has a friend to stand up for her."