boys like you

Song for this chapter: Boys Like You

- Anna Clendening

"Wake up!" Connor screams as he bangs my door open against the wall and I sit up with a start.

"Get out!" I shout, grabbing a pillow and launching it at his fat head. It hits him in the face, but he runs away laughing. I should've thrown the lamp. I check my phone, seeing a few messages from Lydia and Grayson, and hurry to open them.

Lyds💗: I'm currently being forced into Reece's car by the devil himself and Gray, just so Grayson can pick you up. Give him hell for ruining our daily school drive, sweetheart. Xx

I roll my eyes at the audacity of these boys, thinking they can just push us around to do what they want.

I briefly check the messages from Gray, only seeing what I expected to find.

Gray: I'm coming to pick you up.

Gray: If you're asleep when I get there I'll sit on you.

Gray: I'm serious.

The doorbell rings as I'm running my brush through my hair and Connor screams up the stairs that Gray is here.

"Tell him to go away!" I shout, only to frown when I hear a familiar deep chuckle from outside my room. "Don't you dare come in here." The door opens a second later and I glare deeply in his direction.

That is, until I see the Starbucks cup and bag in his hands and I rush towards him, in hopes of doing some grovelling in order to get the goods. My glare in now long gone, replaced with a charming smile. He notices my change in demeanour and smirks widely.

"You're happy to see me now, huh lil' one?" He chuckles as he walks over and wraps me in a hug. "Good morning, gorgeous." He smiles, handing me the deliciousness. Humming in appreciation after I take a sip of my caramel latte, I open the bag only to find a half eaten muffin. "I got hungry." He mutters, ashamed as he scratches the back of his neck. "I hope you don't mind sharing."

"Of course not." I smile happily, "thank you so much for bringing this to me." I say and give him a hug.

"You ready to go?" He questions and I nod my head, leaving his embrace and grabbing my bag from the corner of my room. We turn to walk out of the room, but Gray grabs my arm and pulls me back. His eyes trail down my outfit; my jean shorts, a white crop top and a zip up grey Adidas hoodie.

"What?" I ask, watching carefully as he steps so close to me, I feel his breath against my cheek.

He slowly zips up my hoodie. "Grey looks good on you, Lay." He whispers in my ear, his breath hot against my skin, bringing the blush to my cheeks. "It's a bit cold out there, and I'm not sure that top underneath will keep you warm."