lean on

Song for this chapter: Lean On

- Major Lazer (ft. MØ and DJ Snake)

"Father dearest..." I start, walking into the kitchen on Sunday evening with a request needing to be approved by the one and only father.

"What do you want?" He questions, immediately getting straight to the point.

"There's this club opening on Friday night and someone that Myles knows works there and has agreed to let us in, can I go?" I ask, forcing my eyes to widen as I ready myself to beg if I have to.

"Yeah sure." He says.

"That easy?" I splutter, completely shocked at his immediate agreement when I was sure he would say no.

"Is Gray going?" He asks, finally turning his back to his precious baby frying pan to face me, his actual baby.

"Yes."

"Then of course you can go."

"What?" I ask, open mouthed, "what difference does it make that Grayson is going?" I confusedly raise my eyebrows as I stare at him.

"He's protective of you, I know that he'll not let anything happen to you." He says simply, shrugging his shoulders.

"But dad-" I start, but he interrupts me.

"I've said yes, haven't I? Why are you still bothering me kid?" He jokes, a huge grin on his face.

"I can look after myself." I mumble, looking at the ground. I notice him turning off the stove before he walks over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"I know, baby. But I feel better when Grayson is with you." He explains and I find myself nodding my head briefly.

"So are me and Grayson allowed to go on holiday together, alone?" I smirk and watch as a frown makes its way into his face.

"Don't push your luck!" He points at me with a glare before turning back around to get on with his cooking.

"But father dearest," I taunt, "you said that as long as Grayson goes with me I'll be safe. He's protective over me." I repeat his words, smirking, "why can't I go on holiday with him?"

"Get out of my kitchen!" He shouts, holding up a wooden spoon and slicing it through the air pretending to hit me with it. I laugh loudly then exit the room, going up to my room to finish the history essay that is due tomorrow.