hungover sunday

Song for this chapter: Hungover Sunday

- Christian French

"Come on Layls, off of the floor." Gray coaxes, holding his hands out as he towers over me.

"No, gray." I cry, rubbing my eyes, "I'm so tired."

"Right. And if you get up, then we can go home and get you to bed." He says softly. I hear Lydia huff behind him, making another onslaught of tears rush down my cheeks.

"Do you hate me Lydia?" I call and she laughs in the distance.

"Yes!" She shouts, causing me to shuffle further into my corner as I begin to sob. Gray lets out a shaky breath, before turning around to face the others.

"That was helpful Lyds, now look at what you've done. The Uber is outside, so you go and get in and I'll lift this one there." He says and then reaches forward, wrapping his arms around my frame and picking me up.

"Gray." I cry, cuddling closer to him, laying my head on his shoulder and breathing in his intoxicating cologne. He smells gorgeous. "I'm sad." I tell him, watching him with wide eyes as he breaks out into a smile.

He plants me in the car next to Lydia and then slides in next to me.

"Ew. Why'd you sit her next to me?" Lydia screeches and then moves away from me, causing me to cry even more. Grayson wraps an arm around me and I rest my head on his chest. Wow, I'm emotional when drunk.

"What's wrong with her?" The Uber guy asks and Grayson laughs before telling him.

"We don't actually know, we found her like this. Lydia, I'm guessing you know? Wanna explain?"

"She spilt beer in my hair!"

"It was an accident! Someone pushed me. I'm sorry." I cry, moving along to try and hug her, but she shoves me back.

"Go away. And don't even think about sleeping in my bed tonight." She says.

I cuddle into Gray, my tears wetting his shirt, and he plays with my hair to try and make me calm down.

"Drunk?" The Uber man asks.

"Very." Grayson chuckles, his dimples making a show. I raise my hand to his face and poke it, he looks down at me with an amused glint in his eyes before grabbing my hand and softly stroking his thumbs over my knuckles.