broken promises

Song for this chapter - broken promises

by Torey Lanez.

"Are you sure you still want to go?" Lydia asks me for the one hundredth time.

"Yes. I'm sure." I say.

It's Friday morning, and currently Lydia is grilling me on whether I still want to go to the club opening tonight due to the events of Rob's attack.

"But are you seriously sure?"

"Lydia," Gray says from the doorway, causing an easy smile to appear on my face, "I'm pretty sure, she's sure." He laughs, then turns his attention me, lifting up a Starbucks bag. This guy. I walk towards him, giving him a hug to show my gratefulness.

"Hey." I greet, and then walk back to Lydia so she can continue to braid my hair into two Dutch braids.

"You've ruined my work." She screeches, "I'm gonna have to start all over again." She sighs then yanks her fingers through my hair to untangle the knots.

"Ouch Lydia!" I yelp, massaging my scalp where she surely must've ripped some hair out.

"There's no beauty without pain, Layla. Suck it up." She says and then begins to pull tightly at the different sections as she neatly braids my slightly wet hair. I want it wavy for tonight so we're taking early precautions before we run a curling wand through it later tonight.

"I don't feel pain, and I'm beautiful." Grayson comments, a smirk on his face.

"That must be why you don't feel pain, you know? The lack of beauty?" I tease.

His mouth opens, but before he can even take a step forward, Lydia growls at him to not come near me. I know he was preparing to tackle me, I could see it in his eyes.

"I'm almost done, then you two animals can fight." She mumbles, and slightly tugs on the braid again, making me wince.

"Animals?" Both Grayson and I question in sync.

"Yep." She says, while tying the elastic at the bottom of the braid. She then pulls at them a bit before pushing me up and running out of the room. Grayson jumps on me and we fall back on the bed, as I let out an 'oomph', he props himself up on his forearms but keeps his legs between mine.

"You're heavy." I groan and he lays his chin on my chest, a lopsided smile on his face as he looks up at me.

"There's none of my weight on you," he replies, "You're weak." He kisses my cheek, and before pulling away licks it too, making me groan in disgust.