the truth

Song for this chapter: the truth

- James Arthur

TW: brief mention of substance abuse and depression

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

I don't even want to open my eyes once I feel the sharp pain aching in my head from the headache that has started to form. I recognise the pillows instantly, a frown forming in my face as I absorb my surroundings and realise where I ended up at the end of the night.

"Good morning, baby." Grayson whispers in his husky voice, causing me to squint my eyes to try and take him in. His hair is ruffled and all over the place from sleep, his green eyes shining as he stares down at me - critical of my every movement. He looks so pretty in the morning.

I reach up to trail my fingers across his bare chest, wondering how I ended up with him at the end of the night. I mean, I'm not surprised I did. But maybe I did think that I would've got through the night, gone home and woke up by myself.

Somehow I always find my way back to him. He's my person.

"Where's Lydia?" I ask, remembering how she again wasn't very nice to me last night after she got drunk. I can't believe she poured a drink over my head for crying over Grayson.

"With Reece." He informs and hands me his phone so I can read the messages between him and Reece. She's safe. Angry at Reece but safe.

"I'm sorry for being a handful." I apologise, sitting up to get away from him. As I sit up, I notice his shirt on my body. Letting out a groan, I drop my head between my knees - hating the fact that I'm going to be suffering with a headache all day.

"You don't need to be sorry," he brings me into his chest after he's sat up too, placing a kiss on my forehead, "and you puked all over your dress so I thought you'd prefer to be in a clean set of clothes." He explains.

"Oh." I groan, rubbing my eyes as I scrunch my face up in disgust. "Did I throw up on you too?" I dare to ask, not really wanting to know the answer.

"Yeah." He grins, "and I'm sorry I changed you while you were unconscious but I-" I place my hand over his mouth.

"It's not like you haven't seen me naked plenty of times before." I chuckle, moving my hand slowly down his body till it's resting on his chest, over his heart. "I'm sorry for throwing up on you."

"You naked is a fucking blessing baby, you know that - but only when you're conscious and you're giving me "fuck me" eyes." He teases, using his pointer finger to tap my nose. "And don't worry about it, I was gonna take my shirt off at some point anyway."