shiny happy people

Song for this chapter: Shiny Happy People

- R.E.M

The drive home was long, made even longer than it should be with consistent stops every thirty minutes so Gray could get his coffee. We were up all night. Waking him up after I was awoken by the alarm was a difficult task, and while I was struggling to keep my own eyes open I was doing everything I could to wake him up.

After trying everything, he just pulled me back in his arms, telling me to go back to sleep before shutting his eyes. I had to pour water over him, and when he complained I just argued that it was his fault we were up all night anyway and that I actually had warned him last night that he knew he was going to be driving today.

He then told me that it wasn't his fault I was irresistible.

"You excited to be home?" He questions, as we begin to pull into my road. I pout for a second, realising that as much as I can't wait to see my dad and brother after our long weekend away, we have school tomorrow and that thought alone sours my mood. "By that face I'm guessing not," he chuckles, pulling to a stop next to my house, "what? You gonna miss me too much, lil' one?" He smiles goofily, raising one hand to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"No Mr self obsessed, I was thinking about school." I state, watching as Grayson then gets out of the car to circle around to my side where he opens the door and stands in front of me.

"At least you'll see me there." He smirks, leaning in to place a kiss on the corner of my mouth, his hands resting on each of my bare thighs. I decided on wearing his shirt that came up extremely oversized on me, along with a pair of his sweat shorts for the journey home to make myself as comfortable as possible. My boyfriend obviously had no issue with this, I'd caught him with a constant triumphant smirk on his face as we walked through the service station hand in hand, knowing that no one would dare look in my direction while I was wearing his clothes.

"Layla!" Lydia screams from the doorway, running towards the car. "Move." She says, pushing Grayson out of the way and then dragging me out into her arms. "I missed your pretty face." She complains, making me laugh as I squeeze her tightly.

"I missed you too Lyds." I say, giggling when she lifts me up and twirls me around.

"Did you miss me as well Lyds?" Grayson taunts, and I see him leaning on his car with his arms folded when Lydia finally lets me go.

"You really think I'd miss you when you took her from me for a whole weekend?" She scoffs, grabbing my hand to pull me into my house. She drags me past both Reece and Myles who I didn't even realise we're going to be here.