i love you

Song for this chapter: i love you

- Little mix

Grayson picks me up Friday - almost straight after school with a quick detour to his house for his stuff. He stands at the front door with flowers in his hand and a smug smile on his face while I begin to jump into his arms to hug him. I'm excited.

"Take care of my sister or you die." Connor says from the door, a playful glare directed at Gray. "I can't believe dad is allowing this, silly old man."

"You're looking for an ass whooping." My dad sing songs to my brother as he steps up to the door. He spots the flowers in my hand and I watch his eyes soften. "Flowers? How romantic." He coos, hand on his heart. "Do you want me to put them in a vase for you?" He asks me and I nod my head at the offer, passing them to him.

"Are you sure you want to go with Justin Bieber over there." My brother gestures to Grayson and I let out a giggle at Grayson's look of outrage.

"Never insult me like that again." Grayson glares.

"Take it as a compliment, young Justin was actually good looking. Con is just calling you attractive." I tease Connor, with a shit-eating grin on my face.

"The fuck? I am not." Connor growls, stepping forward to wrap me in his arms to mess my hair. I try to get out of his hold but it's no use against his 6-foot-five figure.

"I hate you." I pout, fussing over my once straightened hair that's now all over the place in knots.

"You think I'm attractive Connie?" Grayson coos, making my brother scrunch up his face into a scowl.

"Fuck this. I'm going back inside. Have a shit time, both of you." Grayson wraps an arm around me as we both chuckle, watching my brother stomp back inside like a child having a tantrum.

"Love you." I call after him and giggle when I hear him grunt as a response. My dad wraps his arms around me, wishing us a good time and sending a friendly threat of violence to Grayson to keep me safe. Like he'd ever hurt his new best mate.

"You got everything?" Grayson checks, once we're in his car and ready to go. I nod my head excitedly before swinging my head to face him, a mischievous smile on my face. "I'm not telling you where we're going." He sing songs, an annoying smirk on his face.

"I wasn't even gonna-"

"Yes you were, I saw the look on your face." He interrupts, driving away from my house.