better than today

Song for this chapter - Better Than Today

- Rhys Lewis

When we get back to Lydia's, we are stuffed full, and covered in food; thanks to Grayson and Lydia's food fight, which caused tomato sauce to cover my face.

Grayson tried to wipe it off with a napkin, but failed immensely and actually just made it worse as he smeared it from one cheek across to my whole face. And I doubt it was an accident.

He makes me angry.

They all were planning to stay at Grayson's house but since they found out I was staying at Lydia's, they decided to stay there too, and argued that 'Myles' house was better as he had better snacks.'

It's ridiculous. They are annoying.

Lydia says she was going to be locking her door, and since we are here before them - we are going to steal all the snacks. And since she has an en-suite bathroom, we don't need to leave the room all night.

"Quick, take these." She screeches and shoves the whole contents of the snack cupboard into a grocery bag, and then throws it at me. "I'll get the drinks, get the popcorn packets from the top drawer over there." She says and points towards the drawer. I scramble over there and quickly pick all the packets and throw them in the bag.

We hear a car on the driveway, and both scream.

"Fuck! Help!" Lydia screeches, throwing a huge bottle of Coca Cola at me. Luckily I catch it, but deliver a hard glare in her direction. "Run! You fucker, RUN!" She shouts and I sprint up the stairs and into her room, she's right behind me and by the time the front door has opened downstairs, she is already closing her bedroom door and locking it, frantically.

"Shit." I breathe, and rest my hands on my knees in exasperation. Gosh, I'm tired.

"We made it." Lydia says happily, while breathing heavily too. We should go on runs together. Yeah, nah.

"Let's get changed." She tells me and I nod in agreement, looking around for my bag. When I can't find it, I immediately panic.

"Lydia! I left my bag in your car." I say.

"You really are fucking dumb!" She screeches.

"You were rushing me!" I reason and she just glares at me harshly, "what do I do?" I panic.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" Lydia screeches as she walks around her room, flapping her arms around everywhere.

"Lydia! You little shit!" Myles shouts from downstairs. We both scream and run into the bathroom with the snacks in our hands.

"Hey lil' one, come out and give me my snacks." Grayson says from outside the door. Seemingly not afraid anymore, Lydia storms towards the door with an angry look on her face.