Home

I fell down the second my foot met with solid ground.

I groaned finally having the ability to breathe again.

"Couldn't-you-have-given-me-a-fairer-warning?" I spat out panting as if I had just run a marathon.

My brother who was standing while I was sprawled across the ground smiled.

"If I had warned you it wouldn't have been fun, now would it." Christian winked at me as he offered me his hand.

Which idiot said this guy was innocent? He's a devil through and through!

I grabbed it firmly and he lifted me off the ground with ease.

"You good?" He asked with a raised brow.

"No." I moaned grabbing my abdomen. "I feel like throwing up and my heads spinning."

"Put your head between your legs." He instructed and I did as I was told. He patted my back which helped soothe nausea.

"Better?" He asked after I had taken a few deep breaths.

"Yeah." I sighed pressing the bridge between my nose. "Much better."

"Then let's go." He said.

Now, wait a minute.

"Your clothes-" I mumbled in confusion.

"Ah, I changed them." Christian was somehow standing in a black shirt that exposed his muscular arms with grey sweatpants replacing his royal outfit. "I prefer comfortable clothes to the royal uniform and besides we would attract too much attention."

We would attract attention with his good looks alone rather than the uniform but I decided to not comment.

It wasn't surprising that my brother looked good even in normal clothes.

"Where-" I panted taking a deep breath when my lungs failed me. "Where are we?"

"Right where we started." My brother gestured to the familiar surrounding I had so dearly missed.

"Home." I smiled looking around my house slowly as my brother watched me.

"So where to now?" He asked as I looked around.

"Viola's place is only a slight walk away." I pointed to the right direction "We could get her first and then head to my parent-I mean foster parents."

I corrected myself immediately knowing that it might-

"You don't have to call them your foster parents Sage," Christian told me with a frown. "Not when they've taken care of you like their own daughter."

I stilled.

How foolish of me.

"Thanks." I smiled feeling embarrassed for doubting him.

"Don't worry about it." He winked before handing me something.

"What's this?" I asked taking the box.

"They're lenses," Christian mumbled. "They are used-"

"I know what they are but-" I interrupt growing confused.

"Your eyes used to be Hazel brown Sage." Christian reminded smiling. "Surely your parents and Viola will notice the distinct change."

"Oh right." I slapped my palm on my forehead. "But umm..."

I looked at the package.

"How do you use this?"

"Here." He turned the package over to the instruction manual. "Use this."